Thread: Restaurant reccomendations in Seattle

Restaurant reccomendations in Seattle

I will be heading to Seattle for my honeymoon in about 3 weeks. I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good fish restaurant in Seattle.

Thanks!!

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Ivars (on the pier) is nice. The restaurant at the top of the Seattle Space needle is very good, along with a great view, make your reservation so you can take advantage of a perfect sunset, and take a walk along the pier. Enjoy, and congratulations. Bill

Dan,

Great honeymoon destination, did it a little over 3 yrs ago. We had great meals at Etta's Seafood, Wasabi Bistro (sushi), Oceanaire Seafood Room, and Metropolitan Grill. Only thing I would steer clear of is Dim Sum in the international district--your lovely bride will not be happy if she gets food poisoning (DAMHIKT). Good luck, PM me if you'd like any other recommendations.

Keith

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope you enjoy your visit here and get at least one day of sun.

I'll give you our top 3, great food and a real feel of Seattle.

First is Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union, watch the boats pass by while dining in a cedar NW native longhouse, also has Seattle skyline views.
    http://www.ivars.net/Salmon_House_Home/salmon.html

2nd is Chinooks, on Salmon Bay at Fisherman's terminal
    http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/info/chinooks.html

3rd is Anthony's recommendation, Ivar's on the pier.
    http://www.ivars.net/Acres_Home/acres.html

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Seattle is actually going to be the first stop in our honeymoon.We will be there for 1.5 days before taking the train to Vancouver where we will spend the night before catching a 7 day cruise up the Alaskan coast. I have made reservations at Ivan's Salmon House.

Thanks!!

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

For seafood, I recommend either Dukes or Chandlers Crab House on Lake Union or Chandlers over looking Elliot Bay. Another unique dining experience that you'd probably enjoy is Wild Ginger -- a satay-bar that's a "who's who's" type of place. In my handful of visits, I've seen a number of professional athletes, Hollywood celebrities and a founder/former CEO of Microsoft. In spite of the company, the food is spectacular!
    Peter Lyon

I'd also recommend Ivar's as well. Very nice place and very good food.

Now, if you just want fish and chips, that's another story. Visited out there last year and found a fish and chip shop and couldn't stop eating there! I think I made my way there 3 or 4 times in 5 days

Seattle was such a cool place. Loved it.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I wonder which one? Ivar's on the pier and also the salmon house have great F&C in little outside stands in front of the restaurants. Then there's the Ivar's and Skipper's fast food F&C places, and my favorite which is Spud F&C in Kirkland, they also have one in Seattle at Alkai.

That cruise to Alaska is one we'd love to do, wish I could get that much time away from working to do it.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green