Thread: ?? - Users of Dewalt 735 Planer Dust Bag

?? - Users of Dewalt 735 Planer Dust Bag

Hello all:

I am hoping to hear from anyone that is using the bag that slips over the top of a garbage can for the Dewalt 735 Planer. I currently have in my basement shop, but am considering re-locating the planer to the garage. As the planer has a built in blower, just wondering how efficient it really is - I've never seen it actually work.

Trying to make some additional room in the basement for a cyclone system to replace my Jet DC1200.

Thanks

I use one in my basement workshop. It catches all the big stuff and most of the fine material. I have no way of measuring how much, but I'm sure that some of the fine dust comes through the bag, although it's not visible.
    One thing to be aware of if you do use one, is to not let the garbage can fill up. You'll have dust everywhere in your shop in about two seconds if the bag comes loose from the garbage can. I lift the garbage can periodically and judge when to empty it by the weight.

I have the dust collection bag for that planer. It works fine for the big stuff, but there's just no way it's capturing much of the fine dust. The best setup for this planer would be to hook a "real" dust collection system up to the port. The main advantage to this would be better filtration of the fine dust generated when planing. However, no matter what you do, I'm not sure that planer will allow collection of everything, since some chips and dust are ejected from the front and sides.