Thread: Rotary attachment modification

Rotary attachment modification

Hi... I thought I would show the group a modification I made for my rotary attachment. The holders that come with it leave a lot to be desired. I found a couple of Maximat type chucks on ebay, and machined an adapter for them. The jaws are reversible, which allows a fairly wide variety of objects to be held concentrically, from a toothpick to a soda pop can. They can also hold simple jigs such as hollow centers and pointed centers. The chucks are 2" in diameter.

Oh, and my machine is a ULS machine.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Nice! I like it. I hate the wheels on my rotary. Very hard to get centered. Do you do any glass, and if so, do you use something to protect the glass?

No glass, but if I did, I would try sticky back rubber on the jaws.

Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Bumping this to the top. Hello Epilog, we need an attachment for a lathe chuck! Pretty please

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Since the chuck shown is circular, could you just scab a piece of round to the end and then place that assembly on your wheel type assembly.

Someone did something similar for a pen holder in recent months, just smaller

GDG

Here's one that might work with a little modification. It's strong enough that I can do drag engraving without support at one end.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Epilog already has a 3-jaw chuck but only for the FiberMark series.....

Epilog's rotary with chuck :

Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Anyone happen to know the pinouts for a epilog rotary or any other specs. I have numerous stepper motors and would love to just make my own
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting