Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's" - Memorial Day Edition

"Weekend Doin's" - Memorial Day Edition

Friday May 25th, 2007

I hope you all had a good week. The first holiday weekend of the summer season is upon us.

Weather is going to be a wee bit cooler than this past week. Only going to be in the high 60's low 70's with some rain possible. We'll take the rain as we've been very dry.

This weekend is for relaxing. Gonna play some golf Saturday and Sunday morning. Gotta watch the 500 and 600 Sunday. Monday we go to a neighboring town to watch the 7th grade band, that our grand daughter is part of, march in a parade. The rest of the time I'll play by ear.

So what's on your plate for the weekend? I hope it will be a time of joy and celebration which includes SAYING THANKS TO A VETERAN.

Play safe and have a good weekend.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I'm going to put my flag up and report for work. 3 twelves this weekend, double bubble on Sunday and three-ply on Monday . I'll be making products that improve the quality of life for many people and a few animals.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

BBQ Saturday and the new (to me) jointer arrives Sunday. Monday the wife works and I should enjoying prepping stock on the jointer for building doors for my garage cabinet.

Oh, with a bunch of house cleaning to make the place "presentable" to the guests Sat.

LOML wants to go the Jersey shore and NYC this weekend since we're new to the area and both are within 1.5 hours from us. I'm sticking a flag in the flag holder on the garage shop and going to the beer store this afternoon.

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit WW into the mix.

There is an independent WW store about 30 minutes from me called Woodworkers Haven http://www.woodworkershavenusa.com/. I want to go check it out Saturday morning. I've never been there.

I think I'll do a load of laundry and run the riding mower over the grass today to earn my little weekend diversion from the crowded tourist scenes.
    The day you think you know everything will be very same day you stop learning.

Busy, busy weekend. I have my men's group tomorrow, my daughter has dress rehearsal for her annual dance recital, then church and the recital Sunday, followed by her Sheltie's first agility trial on Monday. Oh, and there is practice time for the agility trial this evening. I might get to finish some dresser drawers in between running around.

Tell your daughter good luck at the recital and the agility trial! LOML does agility with one of our irish and loves it. It's really fun to go and watch. Everyone pulls for everyone, and there is collective sound of dissappointment when a dog or handler faults out. Great group of people.
    I'm going to either work on my little sprinkler system pump house, if the weather cooperates, or maybe work on the structure for the multi-station benches for the shop if it is too wet/rainey. Have to work Monday, just another day in the auto repair business. Have a great weekend all! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Karl,
    Headed to the new place for the weekend. Got some of the stuff you recommended for the new tractor. Thanks I'll give it a try.
    Guests will be visiting, meeting with new neighbors for a little relaxing.
    Lots of projects in the garagemahal.
    Pulling wire and bending pipe. A little demo on the master suite project.
    Get home Tuesday, repack my bags and head out to Bullfrog UT. for a little cruising on lake powell.

Have a safe weekend
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

We started our weekend on Wednesday, so far we've worked on the garden, golfed 18 holes, drove around looking for a new SUV, BBQ'd, went out to eat, and got some shop time in.
    We're off for another round of golf this morning when it warms up a bit, and have been out moving the veggies around trying to get them into the sun before they freeze to death, it was 42 when we woke up and hoping the peppers make it...

Also got to do a bit of cleaning in the garage in between all that.
    After golf and a bit of continued car shopping today, I'll be back in the garage this afternoon to do some more cleaning and maybe glue up the door panels for the storage cabinet I started about 3 years ago...least it seems that long ago..

Saturday we're hoping to get out for another round of golf and Beasty wants to hit the garden and thrift stores again, so Sunday and Monday will probably be recovery days, spent painfully moving around the garage cleaning....

Ya all have a safe and well holiday weekend.
    Say thanks to a vet if ya see one.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Thanks, Jim. I'll pass that along. This little dog of ours is good. She is FAST! I don't expect my daughter to win with her this time, since it's their first trial, but I wouldn't be too surprised, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell View Post
    Hey Karl,
    Headed to the new place for the weekend. Got some of the stuff you recommended for the new tractor. Thanks I'll give it a try.
    Guests will be visiting, meeting with new neighbors for a little relaxing.
    Lots of projects in the garagemahal.
    Pulling wire and bending pipe. A little demo on the master suite project.
    Get home Tuesday, repack my bags and head out to Bullfrog UT. for a little cruising on lake powell.

Have a safe weekend
    Hey Tyler. Seeing as how your deck is new, you should be able to put two coats on within a few hours. It dries pretty fast. I used a sponge brush and just tossed it after each coat.

Sure hope you get some pics of Lake Powell and how much it's down. I understand there are things that haven't been seen since they finished the dam and started filling the lake up. Have a good time. Wish I could go with. A week cruising around on the lake sounds mighty nice.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Looking forward to a busy weekend...four orders in-house now, but after what happened last weekend, I wouldn't be surprised at what or who might show up. Wine Festival at Balloon Fiesta Park this weekend (encompassing a craft show), so I'm going to try to get LOML out of the shop for a few hours...wonder if I can. Veterans' Parade on Monday and ceremonies at the Veterans' Park - gotta get my veteran down there.

Thank you to ALL of our vets, and particularly to my honey.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I'm going to enjoy being home from San Antonio where I just spent 5 days at the convention center...doing this and that. Maybe a little shop time, even!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Grill View Post
    There is an independent WW store about 30 minutes from me called Woodworkers Haven http://www.woodworkershavenusa.com/. I want to go check it out Saturday morning. I've never been there.
    You'll enjoy your visit. Frank and John are really "good people", Jim. I've known them since the late 1990s and have done a bit of business over the years. In fact, prior to my move to Euro stuff, almost everything in my shop came from them.

Welcome to the 'Creek and to the Bucks County area!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hey, Jim...does the San Antonio convention center still keep it cold enough to store raw meat? Last time I was there for a dog show, we froze our tails off. Our dogs, on the other hand, loved it! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Blog Entries
    Will be heading down to the Cape May, NJ area for the weekend to spend some time with my youngest Brother Mark and my Mom. Mark and I will be painting our Mothers barn structure type garage that was not done last Fall when the weather interfered. That will be Saturday AM's job. Then, hopefully, we will be hitting the water for either some salt water fishing in the suds or do some bass or pickeral fishing in the various nearby lakes. Will be coming home early Monday morning and taking in an annual picnic at a freinds house across the street from us, where there just so happens to be a nice bass pond. I am thinking of digging out my old fly rod and practicing with some poppers for some sunfish.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!