Thread: Beall Wood Buff vs. Wood N' Things

Beall Wood Buff vs. Wood N' Things

After seeing how everyone's turning projects turn out with the Beall Wood Buff, I've decided to spend my Christmas gift money on a buffing system. Does anyone buff the inside of the bowls they turn and if so how? From what I see, the Beall Wood Buff only comes with the buffing wheels that would be next to impossible to buff the insides of all but the largest of bowls. The Wood N' Buff system at DonPencil.com also has goblet attachments just for that purpose.

Also, will the Beall attach directly to my Jet Mini or do I need to acquire the drawbar as mentioned in Woodcrafts product description?
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Mark, the Beall System will attach directly to your Jet Mini.........you just need the Morse Taper adapter for your Lathe. I have the Adapter for my Beall system, and the Morse Taper adapter goes right into the headstock of your Lathe. I do believe they have an adapter that will fit the Mini Lathe, but you better check to be sure, as I am not sure myself. As far as buffing the inside of turnings, I just received as a Christmas Gift a set of Beall Bowl Buffs. The are similar to the Wheels, but are round buffs perfect for the inside of turned bowls and other things. I have only used my Bowl Buffs once, so I have not gotten them broke in good, but the results were excellent. The Bowl Buffs come in 2, 3 and 4" sizes, and I have the 3" size myself. I thought these would be a good application for the size of things I turn. Here is a link that has all the Beall System Components. There are many places that handle The Beall System, but this one was handy.
    http://www.craftusa.com
    They have it all, and I have dealt with them many times, and their service has always been great.

(No other affiliation, other than they make me happy!)

Here is the link for the Beall site.

http://www.bealltool.com/bowlbuff.htm

Mark,
    I don't have either systems yet but. . .
    At the woodworks show I was looking at the Don Pencil set & someone (I forget who but I think it's a forum member) came up & bought the inside "goblet" set. He already had the beal system but said the Pencil set had a longer mandrel so would reach further into deep bowls. I think he said it was a little cheaper also. Just a thought if you do deep bowls.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP