Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was I being an @@@

Mark, the seller has the option of displaying the question and response.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Mark, the seller has the option of displaying the question and response.
    Okay Matt, thanks. Sorry about that then. Must be my first day.............
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I do not think it's appropriate to be posting other people's emails ....

Wether he is right or wrong for selling his tools at that price is really his business in my mind

Take care,
    Jim

It looks like he revised the description again.

If I see blatant dishonesty in pricing on eBay, I have sometimes emailed the bidder to alert them. They can then withdraw their bid if they wish.
    Yeah, I know, the lawyers would love it, but we don't sue each other for everything here in the southern isles.

Bob,
    Good for you! I'd rather have people assume the worst and get something better if I sell it. I think the poster knew he was doing something dishonest. Once he got a few notes, he decided to CHA (cover his @#$....) and post the little disclaimer at the end of his listing. I'm glad others contacted him to get him to make the changes.

I can't tell you how often I see people list wood as "burl" that only has one little curl in it with no decent wavy grain. People think that if a tree has a bump, it must be a burl (never mind that it was a healed over broken/cut branch). I mentioned the same thing to one seller about his "burl" and was told to mind my own business and not bid if I felt it the listing wasn't accurate. I was just trying to protect others like you.

Some folks don't have the knowledge or researching skills but that doesn't mean they should be taken advantage of in business. Just remember the old saying "treat others as you would have them treat you!"

My soapbox is officially broken now...

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Strauss View Post
    I can't tell you how often I see people list wood as "burl" that only has one little curl in it with no decent wavy grain. People think that if a tree has a bump, it must be a burl (never mind that it was a healed over broken/cut branch).

Some folks don't have the knowledge or researching skills but that doesn't mean they should be taken advantage of in business.

Dick
    For years, until I found THIS site, I thought "Burl" was only found in the root ball of the tree. Education is a good thing.

And the only thing evil needs to prevail is for good people to do nothing.

So true, David.

FYI, the seller, after updating his listing to include a rant that clearly showed that we were getting to him, ended the bidding early at $86.98.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hallowell View Post
    He Emailed me back and basicaly said I was an a@@ and stay out of his buiness.
    His name wasn't/isn't "Chuck", is it? I had a bad experience recently with a seller on there.

This seller had 100% satisfaction rating. Guess he didn't want to ruin it.

$1500 sounded a bit over the top even if you figure the cabinet was worth $500...

At most all I could come up with was about $800 worth of stuff new, and that was stretching it. (I've owned one of these lathes, and while it got me started, it's not much of a lathe even when it's new. I guess it beats turning with a belt and two nails on sticks.)

As a side note, I was hassled about some software and key I was trying to sell once. I subtracted out the cost of support and converting the license over, plus a discount, and gave the number of the software company so persons could verify. And then I posted for folks to make and offer. I STILL got hammered over it. Good Lord, you'd think I was being dishonest or something. It's one thing to overvalue something and mislead folks about it. It's quite another to disclose the retail value accurately, and discount something... So if you're going to hammer someone over the value of something, be darn sure you're right...