Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laser won't fire

Ed,

Don't worry, I've adjusted the mirror alignment twice and it seems harder than it is. Just allow an hour or two for it.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Thanks Joe. So I assume no beer drinking while doing it?
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

1 thing that helped me align my laser was to cut some 3/4 circles from poster paper. I put these over my lens. They showed where the beam was hitting real good.

When I change my Universal tube I was finished in about 15 minutes. No other adjusments necessary.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

5. My tube also does not fire up all the time, I presume its something electrical somwhere, I just press reset and start again and after a few times it decides to go. When the laser was new it would stop engraving halfway through a job, the beam just stopped firing, no one solved that problem, but it hs not happened for a while.
    Nigel Morgan, Epilog Helix 45W, Techno Isel 3024, Corel 12, ArtCam

From here, it sounds like one possibility is the cover interlock switch is intermittent. If it's an inductive switch, maybe the magnet is too far from the switch. If it's a mechanical switch, maybe a connection loosened with all the travelling.
    ULS 135 watt w/rotary, Mazak QT-6T CNC lathe, Dapra machining center, Sherline CNC, Tormach CNC, Acad, Rofin welding laser, YAG laser w/ rotary, 4500 watt Fiber laser
    Boone Titanium Rings

Hello everyone.... i have the same problem with my laser 40w Epilog Helix! Won't fire! We sent the job ...pilog recived it but it wouldnt fire! Everyhting works perfectly...i checked all you ppl sudgedted ...but no luck!! Is it posible to check a electronics on tube and how and does anyone have or know where to find circuit sheme for epilog!

I see this is a old thread, but I am in need of desperate help. I have a 40Watt Chinese laser. We have owned this for about 5 years and built a somewhat successful engraving business. My husband started it and I took it over 2 years ago. We usually have to replace the tube and power supply once a year. I have a new power supply and a fairly new tube. The machine is not firing. I see a beam in the tube, but nothing is coming out. My husband is usually the one that fixes any issues, but he is working 14 hours shifts right now. I have no idea how to fix this or what the issue could be? HELP!!

you see a beam in the tube so the laser is firing,check the end of the tube for obstructions, check all mirrors for cracks, dirt what ever, Check lens and lens tube for cracks of obstructions
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by stacy imhoff View Post
    I see this is a old thread, but I am in need of desperate help. I have a 40Watt Chinese laser. We have owned this for about 5 years and built a somewhat successful engraving business. My husband started it and I took it over 2 years ago. We usually have to replace the tube and power supply once a year. I have a new power supply and a fairly new tube. The machine is not firing. I see a beam in the tube, but nothing is coming out. My husband is usually the one that fixes any issues, but he is working 14 hours shifts right now. I have no idea how to fix this or what the issue could be? HELP!!
    I would put thermal paper between the tube and first mirror, to see if you have any output. If not, you likely have a bad tube. If you have a nice circular mark, you can work your way around the alignment process.