Thread: need a second set of hands in va beach?

need a second set of hands in va beach?

Hi guys,
    I am not new to woodworking but I have not done alot in flatwork. I am looking for someone who can show me how to use hand tools. I am interested in fine furniture making and nautical type work (I want to retire on a sailboat in the carribean pipe dream maybe but its mine) I make shadow boxes for friends that are about to retire from the navy, I have installed kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and I do pens and other small projects on the lathe. I would gladly help as a second set of hands for anyone who needs it in exchange for tips and advice on my future projects.

Tips and advise

Jason, nearly everything I do is one person work so I don't actually need the second set of hands ( though knowing someone with a woodworking lathe would be of some help) If I can be of any help with tips, let me know. As to hand tools, if you want to try any , let me know, I don't have everything but I do have a wide assortment of planes: Stanley, LN, LV, Clifton, St James Bay, homade wooden planes , etc., some japanese saws, and japanese. english and american chisels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Boushard View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am not new to woodworking but I have not done alot in flatwork. I am looking for someone who can show me how to use hand tools. I am interested in fine furniture making and nautical type work (I want to retire on a sailboat in the carribean pipe dream maybe but its mine) I make shadow boxes for friends that are about to retire from the navy, I have installed kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and I do pens and other small projects on the lathe. I would gladly help as a second set of hands for anyone who needs it in exchange for tips and advice on my future projects.