Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SMC Turner Interview - Nancy Laird

I personally know from experience, New Mexico is not a state in the union, you can not drink the water, and only a few good things come from there. Nancy MAY be an exception. Actually Nancy loved reading you interview. Glad to know you better, and if I ever get to that part of NM I will holler. Thanks for the information into your personal side!

I actually lived in NM for two years, but I keep that a secret, it was not by choice, but I think I would if the opportunity came up. I go to Cloudcroft once a year, and try to get to Riudoso a couple times. I have a freind with a cabin so it makes vacations on the cheap.
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Wow. Boy was I surprised to open the Creek, hit New Posts, and find this one having been resurrected. I hadn't even read it for a couple of weeks. Thank you everyone for your nice comments and Don, I think I'm the lucky one to have found my spouse to has taught me all I know about this bewildering world of woodworking--both f---work and turning.

Tyler, just because you're just across the state line in Lubbock, don't get too complacent. There is a move afoot to adjust the state line to where it was supposed to be in the 1800s, and if so, YOU'll be a New Mexico resident.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Gosh, I just now scanned my private messages and found your interview. Great interview, great story. Lots of Luck... even if you live far from civilization (it ends west of St. Louis).
    Hilel.
    No one has the right to demand aid, but everyone has a moral obligation to provide it-William Godwin

Gosh, Hilel---having this thread resurrected after this long is really neat. Thanks for the nice words - you're one of the good guys, even if you do live in one of the most humid and unliveable places I've ever been to. The weather in New Mexico is so much better than Virginia---you'd like it here!!
    Nancy Laird

Thanks for sharing

Although my stint in the Navy was a short one, only took me 4 years to decide I needed to do something else. Don't take that wrong, the Navy set me on the career path that has been very beneficial over the years. We have been to quite a few of the same places over the years. My dad's uncle worked on the crew that built the big airship hangars out a Moffett and I still have relatives in the bay area. I have made the trip up the hill to Rio Rancho several times as a vendor and an employee of that large plant there (Intel). Not sure how you feel about them but they pay my bills. I have been with Intel for 14 years this August. Anyway, thanks for sharing all your info in this nice interview. I am in Chandler AZ so if you are ever in Phoenix visiting family, give a shout and the wife and I would love to meet you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Honey and Coco
    Steve / Sandy Wallace
    Lasting Laser Impressions

FaceBook - search Steven Wallace; Epilog mini 18 - 35w, rotary tool, Corel X3, PhotoGrav 3.0

Thanks for the post, Steve. It never ceases to amaze me that these threads get resurrected after so long. It's been over a year since the last post.

We get to Phoenix a couple of times a year to visit the girls and some other friends we have there. I'm hoping to get down there again before the weather gets too hot, or we'll wait until October or November. Younger daughter's birthday is in November, so we'll probably wait until then. We'll be sure to give you a call.
    Nancy Laird