Thread: Micropinner

Micropinner

Hi, I'm looking to get a micropinner this week and looking for any input on brands. I've tried the senco before, but didn't really care for it - to get it to properly countersink the pins I had to grind the tip down. Anyways, thanks for any input/advice/information.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Jensen View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to get a micropinner this week and looking for any input on brands. I've tried the senco before, but didn't really care for it - to get it to properly countersink the pins I had to grind the tip down. Anyways, thanks for any input/advice/information.
    I have and like the OMER - well built and balanced, all metal.

Bob
    bob m

Bought a Grex pinner about 6 months; so far I like it. Never misfired or jammed, always sets pins to correct depth regardless of material. Also can load different size pins w/o changing or adjusting magazine.

my 2 cents,
    Cheers,
    Bernhard

SMC's Search function will find you lots of threads about pinners.

Fine Homebuilding published a comparison test in April. You might look it up. IIRC, they said a Nikle was the best value.

Cadex...

Go to floydtool.com and get the $119 Cadex. Some people say they need the long pins, but I've never needed anything longer than the Cadex can fire. Plus, it's never failed to countersink a pin which is huge. Floyd is a great company to deal with as well.

Grex seems to be the standard which others are compared. Never heard anything bad about Grex. Might be my next air gun.

Gary K.

23 Gauge Micro Pinner

I've got the Porter Cable 23 gauge Pin Nailer, PIN100. I've used it quite a bit and have had but 4 or 5 jams. Since I bought it, my 18 gauge brad nailer hasn't been out of it's case. The two fingered safety trigger is a bit ackward at first, but you get used to it. The PIN100 countersinks nicely, and the pins practically disappear. Well worth it. I'd recommend it over a brad nailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frederick Rowe; 06-04-2007 at 5:34 PM.

I bought the TOOLSMART for $60.00. Have benn well pleased with it. Even comes with a rebuild kit.
    Bill

DUH! I do know how to spell been.
    Bill

Grex gets my vote...

Quote Originally Posted by Clisby Clark View Post
    Go to floydtool.com and get the $119 Cadex. Some people say they need the long pins, but I've never needed anything longer than the Cadex can fire. Plus, it's never failed to countersink a pin which is huge. Floyd is a great company to deal with as well.
    I've been trying to decide between the Cadex and the Grex. I think I'd like the Cadex better, but it is important to me to hold the tool in my hands before buying it. The MAJOR problem that I have with the Cadex is that you can't do this before buying the gun.

First, there are only a few Cadex vendors and ALL are online vendors. And second, as far as I know, all of them have the same return policy that says in effect, "You bought it; you own it!"

Here's the Floyd Tool return policy:

Return Policy-Returns on defective merchandise only. Returns accepted for replacement or store credit only. No Cash refunds.
    So you have no way of even looking at the Cadex in person and you can't return it after you buy it. That really bugs me.

Regards,

Dan.

p.s., I looked at the Grex 635 at a local tool store. It's a very nice gun. But just for grins, I picked up the 645. Here's the problem... Even though I don't need a 645, it fits my hands much better!!! So, if I buy a Grex, it'll be the 645 because of that.

That's why I want to hold the gun in my hands first.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.

Todd, I recently asked the same question,

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=57237

I haven’t moved on it yet but I’m going to go with the Grex.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Well guys, thanks for all the input. I was set on the Grex, but was talked into the Max micropinner by the tool salesman instead, as they didn't have the Grex. You guys'll be the first to know if it stinks.