Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: RESOLVED: I was trying to avoid posting this - General jointer damaged by ???

I can't wait to hear the favorable post. Now that will be interesting.
    Building Inspector, CBO

Any updates Gary?

Mr. Frampton from General had worked out a deal with the shipper (Roadway) regarding delivery of the new jointer and pickup of the old one. When I talked to them yesterday, they made it seem like they knew nothing about the agreement and wanted to charge some additional fees for making the driver wait while I uncrated the new jointer and moved the old one to the crate.

I've tentatively scheduled the jointer for delivery if the shipper cooperates with the original agreement. This whole episode continues to be extremely frustrating.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

They seems to be taking their sweet time delivering your new jointer. Do you know what the holdup is?

Each time I tune into this thread, I feel like I'm watching a slow motion train wreck. I sure hope it turns out satisfactorily for Gary, but everyone involved is being hurt by this.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

(quote) Each time I tune into this thread, I feel like I'm watching a slow motion train wreck. I sure hope it turns out satisfactorily for Gary, but everyone involved is being hurt by this.

Ditto what John said. I'm amazed Gary that you continue dealing with these people. Patience is certainly a virtue but it seems that this has gone beyond that and your willingness to work with them is being exploited and that it would certainly be ethical and proper at this point to say-this is enough. That a company here in the (good old USA of A) would treat you like this is truly sad and I hope it's not indicative of more to come but given the social ills(lack of integrity being one in this case) in our country today it may be. Just yesterday I wound up on the Redmond website looking for a lathe but after reading your posts I quickly left their site and will not patronize them again, as I have before. I believe by now I would have told them to pick-up their jointer from the basement-like it or not -and continued my credit card dispute. I hope things work out for the best.
    Last edited by Mark Hollingsworth; 06-27-2007 at 11:51 AM.

absurd

With the exception of Mr. Herrmann, I think that it is impossible for any of those involved with this fiasco to emerge with any dignity.

tom

I know what I would do. When it finally did show up (if it did). I would refuse it and get on with disputing the CC charges.
    Building Inspector, CBO

Quote Originally Posted by Scot wolf View Post
    I know what I would do. When it finally did show up (if it did). I would refuse it and get on with disputing the CC charges.
    I'm with you on this one. Talk about the jointer from hell!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Unfortunately, I've had a mobile base and a shelix head to go with that jointer for awhile now, and I don't what I spent for them. Might not be the smartest thing, but I'm going to go ahead with it. Besides, whoever said I was smart?

The jointer is supposed to be delivered tomorrow between 9am and 230 pm tomorrow. Cross your fingers and any other handy appendages.

It's just too bad you couldn't get the same model from somwhere else and let the original crew deal with your CC company.
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

Everything's crossed, Gary, even parts that weren't designed to be. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Everything's crossed, Gary, even parts that weren't designed to be. Jim.

Just don't strain anything.

But Gary, I can't read all these posts with my eyes crossed . Fingers and toes are crossed for you though.

Nancy....looking down and waiting with bated breath!!!
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

I wrote this long post a few days ago and then my system crashed and I lost it. I can't resist so I'm typing it again.

The common perception is that a buyer gets better service and support from the smaller and mom & pop places, but the prices are higher. We've become accustomed to poor service from the Borgs, but we get great prices so we keep going. In this case it's surprising that the supplier who nearly always has the lowest price (per my incessant web surfing for price) is Amazon. And, they seem to always put the customer first.

I can see how the seller would assume they shipped it in good condition, and either the buyer or shipper broke it. I can see how the shipper says, the box was fine, and the buyer signed for it, damage must have happed before it was shipped or the buyer broke it later. From the buyers perspective, the jointer arrived broken and that broken part wasn't in the bottom of the crate. Bottom line, the customer should always be right, and the seller should deal with the shipper and General to deal with it on their side. I am certain based on my personal experience that Amazon would have taken care of this. General seems to understand this and they have stepped in to try and rectify the situation. The seller clearly doesn't. I'll never buy from them, and I spend about $4K a year on tools with Amazon..joe