Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: RESOLVED: I was trying to avoid posting this - General jointer damaged by ???

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann View Post
    The damaged jointer is gone. The new jointer is all set up and dialed in. The shelix head cuts very smoothly.

Oops, looks like I didn't get all the wax off the tables.

Once again, I'd like to thank Mr. Frampton and all the rest of the staff at General for stepping in unsolicited and helping me through this. Thank you for getting me a new, functional jointer and all the nice General swag. That was very generous.

I want to thank all of you Creekers that made helpful suggestions to resolving this thing. I also want to thank all of you for putting up with this long story.

Thanks also to Redmond Machinery for agreeing to Mr. Framptons suggestions for resolving this situation, and having the sale in the first place.

That pile of cherry you can see behind the jointer will be a big piece of furniture in my son's room in the coming future. Lots of jointing and planing ahead of me...
    Congratulations on getting the machine replaced..what a marathon this thread has become.....that said General is closing manufacturing in Canada and you may well have received the one of the last of the General marque. Its a beautiful machine and should last a lifetime or several at least!
    Last edited by Chuck Wintle; 06-17-2012 at 5:00 PM.

If he got one of the last, then their sales have been REALLY slow as he got his 5 years ago!

The credit card co. will want you to send the machine back before they will do anything.I'm having the same problem. I ordered 2 items from a TV ad. I"LL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!! They sent 4 items,with each having a $10.00 extra feature that I did not order. The credit card co. wanted me to return the item,and send them proof I had done so. So,I'm out the shipping also,but that's what had to be done. A month later,I'm still waiting to hear if they are going to do a charge back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    If he got one of the last, then their sales have been REALLY slow as he got his 5 years ago!
    this really is an old thread then!

Yes, yes it is.

And it would never have been resolved without the Creek and its members.
    Where did I put that tape measure...