Thread: B & O Libergs Gouges

B & O Libergs Gouges

I was at an estate sale today and picked up some filthy dirty old gouges for $10. One was a nice big Geo, Parr Cast Steel, but the other four were all marked 'B & O Libergs F.A.B.' They all look to be from the same era, I'm guessing 1870's or 1880's. I can't seem to find anything on these on the internet. Would anyone have information about this company?

B & O Libergs F.A.B. was a swedish company founded 1862 (F.A.B. from 1868 = Joint-stock company). B & O stands for Bernhard & Oscar, two brothers. Liberg is the family name. The produktion was at Rosenfors, a small place outside the city Eskilstuna, which were and still is an important city for refining iron and steel in Sweden. The produktion stopped 1939. Woodworkers in Sweden respect there produkts as very high quality carbon steel for that time. Except for chisels and plane-irons they also produced skates, flat-irons, corkscrews, scissors and things like that.
    Last edited by Sven Persson; 05-10-2009 at 1:19 AM. Reason: city name Eskilstuna spelled wrong

Sven,

Welcome to the Creek! Sounds like you might be Swedish.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Thanks! That's right. Living in the southermost part of Sweden in Kristianstad, a small town.