Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WoodMaster Drum Sander Owners

Bruce,

I bought mine a number of years ago after reading a review of drum sanders by FW. Woodmaster got their top choice outof the bunch tested. Like some of the others have mentioned I too used mine in a full time environment. It is a machine IMHO that's well worth the money and was a great time saver. Good solid American tooling (I assume it's still made in the USA, mine was) and I think you will be well pleased. Even using it full time I had to change the belt only about every 4 months. I didn't have the reversing switch on mine and it does get cumbersome going from front to back to retrieve the stock. If the reversing switch does what it's designed to do (simply sending it back to you) I could see where it would be handy to have.

Robert

I guess it falls on me to be the iconoclast (again).

I got a 2600 via the death of the father/in-law of some good friends.

Some thoughts:
    • Noisy
    • Works and works great
    • Large (too large)
    • Got paper from Grizzly
    • Didn't need infeed/outfeed
    • Sold it (via eBay)
    • Did I mention large
    I ended up with a Delta X5 that actually fits in my shop

Me, if I did have room, I would haunt eBay and Craigs List first
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.

FYI,

I just yesterday recieved a mailer from Woodmaster with 1/2 price sale on the sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Lindberg View Post
    I guess it falls on me to be the iconoclast (again).
    [*]Large (too large)...
    [*]Did I mention large[/LIST]I ended up with a Delta X5 that actually fits in my shop...
    Well it's not a small machine but it's kind of a "compared to what" situation. I (and most other drum sander owners) got mine as an option to a wide belt machine which, for an equivalent capacity would be much larger and cost many times more. Compared to the WM sander, the Delta X5 is a toy (no offense intended).
    David DeCristoforo

So, Bruce, do we have a gloat, or what??

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Call up Woodmaster and ask if they have a "truckload sale" coming to your area. I had to drive about 30 miles to pick mine (38") up from THEIR truck, not a freight company.
    With truckload sale shipping is free and they have really good package prices that include extension tables, extra paper, reversing switch and the mobile base.

I'm completely satsified with my sander.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Laird View Post
    So, Bruce, do we have a gloat, or what??

Nancy
    Yep,
    I picked it up last night from SMC member Randall Houghton. I need to do some cleanup, give it a bit of lube here & there and do a little electrical upgrading on my sub-panel.
    My friends pickup with ½ ton liftgate worked really slick!

Official gloat pictures will be forthcoming!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Reviving an old thread, I need some advise,,,,

I have the opportunity to buy a Woodmaster 2600 for $500. The machine is in excellent condition, very light use. It's been sitting unused for the last 15 years. I am a newbie hobbyist, making cabinets and stuff for my home.

This 2600 model does not have the conveyor belt, it uses two drive rollers instead. For my kind of use, is this a big deal or not?

And, does anybody have a manual for this machine?

Thanks. John H

I have never seen one without a conveyor belt. Thats a great price...they are like 3000 now. I once bought an old 26 and had to do quite a bit of work on it,,,,....woodmaster was very helpful to me, they are made right here in the USA so I would give them a call. I have owned the 26 and 38 and would like to get another one. Just need to decide if I have the room this time.

John, I have no experience with the Woodmaster W-2600. Why don't you start a new thread with Woodmaster 2600 in the title and maybe someone will chime in. Doing a quick search, there is al least one forum member that has one.
    That said, test it out and see if it does as you would expect. If it is built anything like my 2675 it is a well made machine.

Here's an old thread referencing the 2600; http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...-2600-Question

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I ordered a 2675 and wanted to do the shop wiring today am unsure what 30 amp receptacle to install.

I used NEMA L6-30 plug & receptacle on mine.

Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I used NEMA L6-30 plug & receptacle on mine.
    Apparently mine is coming with a cord and plug already installed. Sounds like yours needed to be wired.

Yeah, I bought my 2675 used and put a longer, heavier gage wire on it.

Andy Rooney

Thanks, I guess it will wait.