Thread: Router Table Plate

Router Table Plate

I currently have a Rockler router plate, part number 21810
    but i'm finding the opening to be too small for raised panel bits. On the details of the router plate rockler says they used to have one with a larger opening, but is no longer carrying such animal. I was wondering if anyone has a score for this disconutied plate, or know of a source where i can get a plate with a larger opening to fit the PC 890 series routers

There are lots of potential suppliers available and you can even make your own with little effort.

Personally, I like the Rousseau plates with their interchangeable rings.

http://www.rousseauco.com/

Blog Entries
    I make the inserts for my Rockler plate out of 1/8" hardboard. Beats paying 8 - 10 bucks each for them. The point is, a machine shop could modify your plate. I had one done for $20. Your old inserts would no longer fit but as stated, 1/8" hardboard.

If you go with a new plate to achieve your opening increase you will have to modify your table opening and the Rockler plate becomes scrap. You'll have to asses the pros and cons of each to decide; new plate and modified table, modified plate and new inserts or buy raised panel bits that don't exceed the 3 1/4" limitation.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I, too, have the Rousseau and find the rings just right for most routing jobs.

Look into a Woodpeckers router plate. I have the aluminum plate and ring set for my PC 890 router. It was a little spendy, but after you get it in your hands you'll realize it was money very well spent. They do make a phenolic plate and a ring set also that isn't as spendy if you want to go that route. Woodpeckers also has a e:club that you can sign up to for free, they send specials out every so often to people that sign up. http://www.woodpeck.com
    Last edited by Chuck Lenz; 06-25-2007 at 9:40 AM.

Router Plate

I just purchased a router plate from MLCS for a Bosch router table and it
    saved me money and was an exact match to the original equipment.

I am a little embarrassed to use the word "Router" and "Harbor Freight" in the same sentence, but I just got their 3/8" phenolic plate with interchangeable rings, pin, set screws, and magnets for $19.99. You may want to check it out.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Happy Woodpecker Customer

I have the Woodpecker alluminum plate with the screw out rings for my PC 895PK. I replaced a Rousseau plate for the better ring system of the Woodpecker. A little pricy but first class. Bought it during an E Club sale. Wish I had purchased it in the first place.

Is it the plastic insert that's not big enough or the machined hole in the plate?
    Insert was to small for some of the bits I have and I just bought another insert and machined it larger.
    If it's the plate, maybe buy a 1/4" alum plate, trace the original plate over the new one with whatever holes you'll need drill them out and cut out the center hole to the size ya need?

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.