Thread: Minimax in NC?

Minimax in NC?

My uncle in Sanford, NC, is considering the purchase of a Minimax combination machine, either a Lab 300n or a CU300 Classic. He would like to look at these machines before buying. Does anyone near him have one, and would you be willing to show it to him?

Bill

MiniMax can put him in touch with someone "nearby"...he just needs to ask. I get email and calls from MM all the time about prospective buyers in the area.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,

He did ask, but so far Minimax hasn't found anyone. I thought this might be a quicker way.

Bill

Considering the expense of the machine and the change in work practices it would be worth it to fly to Austin, Texas and have a look up close. Once and awhile MiniMax has classes on their machines and one of those would be a good way to learn about methods of work on a combo machine as well as get a hands on with one; good use of frequent flyer miles if you have some.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Wilson View Post
    Considering the expense of the machine and the change in work practices it would be worth it to fly to Austin, Texas and have a look up close. Once and awhile MiniMax has classes on their machines and one of those would be a good way to learn about methods of work on a combo machine as well as get a hands on with one; good use of frequent flyer miles if you have some.
    Might also be a good idea to head down to Atlanta later this year for the IWF. That shouldn't be too bad of a drive and they'll have a couple machines to look at and cut with. Maybe a little easier on the wallet.

the woodworking show is in charlotte, NC this next weekend. they are usually there with some big tools. i bought my 16" bandsaw there and enjoy it.