Thread: Miter Saw and Stand

Miter Saw and Stand

Looking to get a Dewalt DW716 and the Ryobi A18MS01 Miter Saw Stand. Anyone have this Saw and/or stand and let me know what they think of it? I don't do trim work for a living so I didn't thing the slider would be needed. I might even consider the RIDGID Miter Saw Stand and Utility Vehicle. Any comments are much appreciated.

thanks, Pete

Can't speak to the Dewalt - I've got the Bosch 12" slider, but the MSUV is a very nice stand - especially if you can catch it on one of the freqent sales.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

I have the Bosch slider and MSUV as well and I am very happy with them.

Peter,

It's not what you do for a living or what you might do this year.

It's what the tool is capable of doing when the need arises during the life

time of the tool. So why limit yourself for a few extra bucks?

For instance, I cut 22 inch panels on my 12" slider by flipping them

over.
    I also have 2 msuv's, I find them that functional.

Note, Rigid has apparently upgraded this thing and initial second hand reports are, the old one is better.

Grab it on sale for 99 bucks when the opportunity arises.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

I have the Ryobi A18MS01 Miter Saw Stand under my Hatachi SCMS. It's a nice stand, especially for the $99 price. I have seen them as high as at least $149. The BORG has them for $99 fairly often. I think it's a much better stand than the Dewalt at less than half the price. As for the RIDGID Miter Saw Stand and Utility Vehicle, if you need the saw to be totally portable, it's a good choice. I have my miter saw pushed up against the back wall of my shop (garage). When I need to use it, I just slide it out into position. The extensions are excellent. They extend out a long way, are fully adjustable and offer great support through either a roller of a steel plate. If it will suit your needs, buying it is a no brainer.

I recently used a Dewalt miter saw in a class that I took at the local Woodcraft. It's a good saw. I can't say much about it since I only used it a few times. It was a 12" saw, but I'm not sure that it was the same model. One thing interesting that I found with the Dewalt is the area around the teeth on the blade is painted yellow. I'm not sure if it is just there for "looks" or if it's intended to be a safety feature.
    Last edited by Don Bullock; 07-01-2007 at 7:03 PM.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Blog Entries
    I've got a smaller DW CMS and really like it. I have the MSUV and it is sweet. The best part is you can leave the saw on the stand while it is collapsed and standing on end. Takes up about 2 sq ft of floor space and goes up and down in a flash.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I went to the HD today and they had the MSUV for $99. Looked that that was the regular price, no special sign of any kind unless I missed it. Still trying to decide on a saw. Would like to see a Bosch saw in person before I decide. I'll try and get some pics of it tomorrow.

I like the Rigid stand alot. I have a Delta saw on mine and it works well for me.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Wish I had a brain. Forgot to take a picture of the stand today. Changed the blade on my OLD 10 inch B&D miter saw. Cut much better with a carbide blade on it. Still on the fence as to what saw to get. After I finished cutting wood I used as a table to eat luch at. My brother is fixing up the lower level of the duplex he live at. I'll try and get a picture Thursday.