Thread: I think I might be buying a different line of tools

I think I might be buying a different line of tools

The SWMBO and I attended a class on glass fusing. I can see some real cool ideas of integrating into furniture pieces. I also plan to take a class on stain glass in the near future. Anyway, we did this and may be hooked. I figure to get us going it will cost about $700-$800 in tools and basic supplies. Of course there is the glass on top of that which can cost you as much if not more then some woods out there. The good thing is some of the tools can be used for both glass fusing and stain glass. Here is a 6x6 clock I made on my first attempt. I didn't realize it at the time, but I had reversed the glass on a couple of pieces so the true color would up showing out the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Very interesting, Scott. Good luck.
    Lynn
    Lynn J. Sonier

Talking If you think planes are a slippery slope....

Hi Scott,

Nice first piece of glass. Several years ago I spend a lot of time helping in a glass gallery. Glass is an awesome medium. Check out making marbles and beads. Even if its not your thing it is neat to watch.

Have fun in your new addiction.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Paul Kunkel Guest
    LOML started making glass beads about a year ago and took over my O2 bottle. She soon found out that in order to keep the finnished bead from cracking, she needed a kiln. Her tools rival mine $$ wise!