Thread: Ahhh can you load this for me?

Ahhh can you load this for me?

THE DUMBEST GUY ON EARTH!

This picture is real - not doctored in any way - and was taken by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it in the parking lot of IHOP, he went to buy a camera to take pictures. (commentary continues under picture)

image001.jpg

The car is still running, as can be witnessed by the exhaust.

The driver finally came back after the police were called, and was found crouched behind the rear of the car, attempting to cut the twine around the load! Luckily, the police stopped him and had the load removed.

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they made the customer sign a waiver.

While the plywood and 2X4's are fairly obvious, what you can't see is the back seat, which contains -- are you ready for this? -- 10 bags of concrete @ 80 lbs. each.

They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs.
    Both back tires exploded, the wheels bent and the back shocks were driven through the floorboard.

The car, with FLA (naturally) plates, was headed for Clanton, AL where the couple presumably planned to build a new house.

That's going to make the rounds. Thanks for the amusement.

Word is it's a stunt for collegehumor.com. The car was on it's way to a scrap yard anyway.

Do you really think they'd continue to drop this on a car after the window popped otherwise?

Blog Entries
    No offense intended, but this photo first appeared several years ago with supposedly the same or similar story line attached saying they actually managed to driive the car some distance after loading.

It appears that there are some significant inconsistencies in the photo. Namely, tipping a stack of playwood to that angle (approximately 30 degrees) would most certainly result in the whole pile sliding off the car. Secondly, the size of the cords holding the plywood to the roof of the car are insufficient to prevent it from sliding off. Third, the load is also tilted to one side, I would think that the dimensional lumber under the 20+ sheets of plywood would topple sideways, again dumping the load.

I'm skeptical.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

It's an old story but it appears to be true. http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    No offense intended, but this photo first appeared several years ago with supposedly the same or similar story line attached saying they actually managed to driive the car some distance after loading.

It appears that there are some significant inconsistencies in the photo. Namely, tipping a stack of playwood to that angle (approximately 30 degrees) would most certainly result in the whole pile sliding off the car. Secondly, the size of the cords holding the plywood to the roof of the car are insufficient to prevent it from sliding off. Third, the load is also tilted to one side, I would think that the dimensional lumber under the 20+ sheets of plywood would topple sideways, again dumping the load.

I'm skeptical.

It's also sunday afternoon and there are no other cars in the lot.

I saw that image a few years ago somewhere online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    Word is it's a stunt for collegehumor.com. The car was on it's way to a scrap yard anyway.

Do you really think they'd continue to drop this on a car after the window popped otherwise?
    I was assuming it slid like that. Thats why the guy was going to cut the lines.
    Still funny pic true or not and a good story.

Either way...

Real or not, its funny to see! hmmmm.... looks like a not so subtle reminder to be safe when loading your vehicle!

It's on the internet; it must be true.

This chestnut has been around for years.
    Jim
    Growing older is mandatory.
    Growing up is entirely optional.

Remember; it's never too late to have a happy childhood.