Clear Vue Cyclones is located just outside of Pickens, SC, about a 30 minute drive from Greenville. I had business in Greenville Friday that finished up around Noon. I have been thinking about adding a cyclone to my workshop, so I gave Ed Morgano, Clear Vue's President and CEO, a call to see if I could drop by for a visit. Ed certainly lives up to his reputation as a nice guy. He was very warm and freindly over the phone and invited me "by all means" to drop in Friday afternoon.

The drive from Greenvile to Ed's place winds through the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. After doing battle with a very contentious opposing attorney all morning, the drive was a welcome respite. Ed is as nice in person as he is on the phone. He showed me around his shop, the manufacturing operation, and the new manufacturing facility he has under construction. I met his son Matt who is taking an increasing role in the business. Matt is cut from, the same cloth as his dad and is very enthusiastic about Clear Vue Cyclones.

Actually, it was Matt that got Ed into the Cyclone business in the first place. He wasn't happy with the BORG dust collector he had in his workshop and decided to build a cyclone. He got Ed to help with the construction. Their home-built cyclone worked great and Ed was impressed. "I want to see how that thing works," said Ed, and the idea of building one of clear plastic was born. It was a success and, after refinement and collaboration with Bill Pentz, the Morganos went into the Cyclone business. They have a great product.

Their operation is currently housed in several small buildings on Ed's property, including' Ed's workshop where the CNC cutting machines are located. The new manufacturing facility will provide space enough to move everything into one building and Ed will get this workshop back. He's elated. They're close to done and it will really be nice when they move in.

Ed and Matt looked at my shop layout, answered my questions and provided me with lots of food for thought. My wife has been great about the workshop noise from my basement shop, but I think a cyclone would push her tolerance over the line. I've got to figure out where I can put a sound insulated enclosure in my small shop and build it. When that's done, I'll be posting a gloat about my new Clear Vue Cyclone.

Thanks to Ed and Matt Morgano for an interesting afternoon. If any of you have a chance to pay them a visit, I recommend you do so. They are genuinely nice folks and their enthusiasm about their product is contageous.

Hank