Thread: Any strings with Grizzly 90day same as cash on orders over 250?

Any strings with Grizzly 90day same as cash on orders over 250?

Hi--was looking at the grizzly site and thought the 90 day same as cash looked like a good deal for me--will either have the money in 90 days or, if it is looking bleak, can sell some other collectibles to make it up; so, pretty good deal for me.

Anyway, is this quite straight forward? Just hit the 90 day option, your tool shows up in a weeks or so, and you don't have to pay so long as you have it in before 90 days? are there any hidden hoops, credit runs, etc?

Thanks for any insights! Jeff

Most of these deals require a quick credit check with an answer in minutes. If you pay in full by the time allotted then you pay no interest. If you don't pay in time full by the end of the 90 days period then you are billed for the finance charges on the the full amount including the 90 day period and until the balance is paid off.
    I have heard anecdotes on radio shows of these type finance companies holding the last payment if it is recieved close to the final due date so that the finance charge kicks in. I can't attest to it though.
    I used the program Best Buy had which charged no interest if paid in 2 years to buy a television and it worked out fine for me. These days I just save my money until I have it hand to buy big ticket items. It kind of take takes away the impulsiveness that I can be a little prone to.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

I did it with my G0490 with no problems, as stated though pay it on time.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Quote Originally Posted by John Shuk View Post
    I have heard anecdotes on radio shows of these type finance companies holding the last payment if it is recieved close to the final due date so that the finance charge kicks in. I can't attest to it though.
    It wouldn't be a shock, unfortunately. The other thing I've had happen is it takes way longer for first class mail to get to its destination than the post office says it will take. It routinely takes 3-5 days for a letter to get from S.E. Pennsylvania to east central New Jersey, about 90 miles, Post Office says 1 day. OTOH I've gotten stuff from the West Coast in a couple days. Things that make ya go Hmmm. Either do electronic payment or use some sort of delivery service where the recipient has to sign for it, e.g. certified mail return receipt or FedEx/UPS. It's a pain but I hate to get ripped by some schmuck.

HTH

Curt

We've done that from time to time. We always pay electronically, and we schedule the payments to those companies early--i.e. if its due on the 15th, we schedule it to be paid on the 10th. The bank then either schedules the electronic transaction for the 10th or sends out a paper check with enough time to make sure it arrives on the 10th. When we've had trouble with a payment for something being "late", the recieving company is always quick to correct everything when we get the bank on a conference call with them and presented with evidence that they did recieve payment in a timely manner. My wife had a credit card that did that to us every couple months and levied and outrageous late charge.

The only time we had a real problem was when our bank was late paying themselves our mortgage payment which somehow got hung up. They then stopped the payment and repaid it. The next month when we paid it got stopped by the first month's stop payment order and they were late again. Apparently they did the stop payment order based on an amount rather than a check number since it was an electronic transaction and of course our mortgage payment is the same every month. It was actually kind of comical once we got over the fact that our mortgage was late two months in a row--which our branch manager assured us repeatedly would not be held against us since it was their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    It wouldn't be a shock, unfortunately. The other thing I've had happen is it takes way longer for first class mail to get to its destination than the post office says it will take. It routinely takes 3-5 days for a letter to get from S.E. Pennsylvania to east central New Jersey, about 90 miles, Post Office says 1 day. OTOH I've gotten stuff from the West Coast in a couple days. Things that make ya go Hmmm. Either do electronic payment or use some sort of delivery service where the recipient has to sign for it, e.g. certified mail return receipt or FedEx/UPS. It's a pain but I hate to get ripped by some schmuck.

HTH

Curt
    I send my mortgage payment out every month via, "Return Receipt Requested" for this very purpose. It costs me about $5 and a trip to stand in line at the post office but it's worth it for me. A few months ago my mortgage company told me they hadn't received my check for about 2 weeks. I called and talked to at least a dozen people who denied having the check. I sent another and placed a stop payment on the first one. They deposited both checks on the day after it was late so they could charge me the late fee on one and a non-sufficient funds on the other. When I talked to someone there they messed up and told me they had the first check for 2 weeks! OOPS! They shouldn't have told me that...No late fees and I filed complaints with the FCC and the CA. Dept. of Corp. Not that it will do any good but I felt better anyway.

Bruce

"mortgage payment" .... what's that?

GLOAT
    Building Inspector, CBO