Thread: Need Wood issue for kids oak desk...

Need Wood issue for kids oak desk...

I KNOW I have it somewhere....I just can't find the issue. Does anybody here have an index that can tell me what issue the Kids Oak Desk is in? I would greatly appreciate it since LOML wants me to make our daughter a desk for her room and I just can't seem to find the issue anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Wood Magazine has a searchable on-line index, check it out at http://www.woodmagazine.com/default....t__Astart_html

I searched kids oak desk but nothing came up. If you find where it is but can't find it in your collection, let me know, I have several boxes of back issues going back more than ten years.
    Tony

I did a search and came up with this
    Study Desk - Feb 1996 86 52

don't know if this helps

ace

My November 2002 issue has the Grade A Student's Desk on the cover. That might be the one you're thinking of.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

I don't have that issue, but can send you a plan for the student desk I built for my niece. It's Shaker style, but could be adapted to Mission or something else if you prefer. Pic below of what it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hey Dennis, maybe this one? Computer Desk Wood, March 2002.

If you can't find it, I've got it for you. -Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Steve Inniss; 01-19-2004 at 1:19 PM.

Are you thinking of this one?

If so, it's from the November '95 (#83) issue. My daughter used this one until she was 5 or 6 when she was too big for it and I built her this one:

If the child you're building this for is from 1 to about 4 then the first desk is just the ticket. If he or she is over 5 you might as well build a full size desk since they'll outgrow a smaller one in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Patoka
    My November 2002 issue has the Grade A Student's Desk on the cover. That might be the one you're thinking of.
    <b><font size=+2>That's the one..!!!!!</font></b> Thank you VERY much.....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    I like them both Scott. Very nice!

If so, it's from the November '95 (#83) issue. My daughter used this one until she was 5 or 6 when she was too big for it and I built her this one:

If the child you're building this for is from 1 to about 4 then the first desk is just the ticket. If he or she is over 5 you might as well build a full size desk since they'll outgrow a smaller one in a hurry.[/QUOTE]
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/