Thread: Pen Kit Bulk Buy Established

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Pen Kit Bulk Buy Established

I have found a supplier where I can purchase pen kits in bulk for exclusive use in the "Freedom Pens" program. This source wants no advertisement of their support for this program and chooses to be anonoymous.

The 2 kits I have selected for this bulk buy program are the standard 7mm slimline and a streamline 7mm pen which is slightly larger than the standard 7mm slimline and makes a more elegant looking pen for those who wish to do that. I have attached a picture of some I have made so you can see the difference between the 2 kits. (Slimlines A & B, Streamlines C & D in the photo below) These kits will be with a chrome finish which I believe will be best for the enviroment they will be subjected to.

I will be getting in a small quantity of kits within a few days. In 2-3 weeks I should be able to get enough volume for a continuous stream of kits. You will be able to order directly through me via e-mail and pay via Pay Pal.

Prices will be as follows:

Standard 7mm Slimline --------------- $1.30ea
    Streamline 7mm --------------------- $1.50ea **

** requires a different bushing set since the center ring is larger

Streamline bushing set ---------------- $3.00

These prices are fantastic !! I know you would like to thank the supplier but as I said they want to remain anonoymous as a patriotic supporter of this program.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 01-19-2004 at 11:22 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Ken,

Great job and I think I speak for all SMCers when I say that we want to extend our heartfealt thanks to whoever the anonymous supplier is. Please do so on behalf of all of us. We truly apprecieate their contribution to the cause.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

Overwhelming

Orders are coming in like wildfire. I have already received more orders than the first shipment from the supplier - his inventory was limited. Please continue to order and get in the queue - it will probably be in the neighborhood of 2 to 3 weeks before I can fill further orders.

p.s. the streamlines and the bushings will not be available for 3 weeks. (overseas shipment).
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Thanks

for all your work on behalf of the Freedom Pen Project Ken. Please do tell the sponsor that we very much appreciate their generous offer. I just put my order in & upped it to 25 kits since Carl Eyman & Todd Burch are supplying the materials & I'll be doing the pen making.

This is a great way for everyone to get involved, even if you're not a turner. Get together with a turner & help to defray their costs by supplying kits, blanks or money for shipping. Working together we can really make this thing a winner!!!!
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Ye Old Tally Sheet

If you are making pens as part of a team make sure that you let us know when you ship your pens. We will average the number of pens donated per team , this will keep the playing field as level as possible. We will keep a list of total pens donated on the new web page so that everyones contribution receives public recognition.

Maybe an award as well

Check your e-mail Ken....put me in .......
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Wow

WOW !!

The first wave of orders for kits has already exceed the first shipment of kits from the supplier which I will receive later this week. Our supplier's inventory was such that a large order for kit parts had to be placed which involves a shipment from oversea. We expect a time period of approximately 3 weeks to get a larger volume of inventory.

The "Streamline" 7mm kits will not be available until that overseas shipment is recieved. All of the standard 7mm kits were spoken for within less than 1 ½ hours of my post making them available.

Continue to place your orders via e-mail and get in the queue. As things smooth out we will get to a point where we have a continuous flow of kits from the supplier to us - Please just bear with me.

In the meantime if you can source a few kits yourself from a local source, make some pens and get them to Keith that would be a help. Once we get our source pipeline filled we should be fine.

Thanks to everyone for you response to this program.

Did you get my order for 100 streamline kits this morning? I didn't hear anything back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    WOW !!

The first wave of orders for kits has already exceed the first shipment of kits from the supplier which I will receive later this week. Our supplier's inventory was such that a large order for kit parts had to be placed which involves a shipment from oversea. We expect a time period of approximately 3 weeks to get a larger volume of inventory.

The "Streamline" 7mm kits will not be available until that overseas shipment is recieved. All of the standard 7mm kits were spoken for within less than 1 ½ hours of my post making them available.

Continue to place your orders via e-mail and get in the queue. As things smooth out we will get to a point where we have a continuous flow of kits from the supplier to us - Please just bear with me.

In the meantime if you can source a few kits yourself from a local source, make some pens and get them to Keith that would be a help. Once we get our source pipeline filled we should be fine.

Thanks to everyone for you response to this program.
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    Did you get my order for 100 streamline kits this morning? I didn't hear anything back.
    Yes- I got it - I will get back to everyone who order some time LATE tonight. It will be approx 3 weekw before I can fill the order - see my post above,

No problem, I have more people who want to contribute $$, so it will give me some time to prepare.

BTW, it doesn't take much to figure out who the vendor is, and I personally want to say thanks. 'Who was that masked man?'

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Yes- I got it - I will get back to everyone who order some time LATE tonight. It will be approx 3 weekw before I can fill the order - see my post above,
    Chris 'Digger' Johnson
    "If you work hard enough and long enough to make something "idiot-proof", rest assured that someone will build a better idiot!"