Thread: Sprayer

Sprayer

I'll be painting quite a bit now into the fall around the house. Can anyone give me a yes or no on the Home Depot Wagner sprayers. I used one years ago and it seemed OK but it was someone elses and a small job. I may be doing the exterior asbestos concrete shingle caldding. thanks

For house paint, you want an airless unit. I'm not specifically familiar with the products you reference, but Wagner seems to be the brand you see most in this space, at least in the consumer space. I'll be interested in what others say as I may have a job later in the year also appropriate for this kind of tool...and there will be a buy vs rent decision for me.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've had Wagner products in the past. I had problems with clean-up. They had a small part by the nozzle that broke quite easily.

That was years ago and it was the lower end ones. (less than $100 range)

John,

I bought a wagner wide shot sprayer two weekends ago at Home Depot for $79. I have sprayed just about every room in the house since then. Absolutely no problems whatsoever ... well there is the "tired trigger finger syndrome"... but other than that it works and cleans up great. The attachment to run a hose directly into the paint bucket works great, no refilling the little bottle attached to the gun. My only complaint would be how "wide" the wide shot is. To get 6" of good coverage you have to hold the sprayer 1' from the surface... not bad indoors. But outdoors, bigger surfaces and more wind.. it could be a pain.