Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 15% off Customer Appreciation Sale at Redmond Machinery

15% off Customer Appreciation Sale at Redmond Machinery

July 26-31
    A recon Delta DJ-20 8 inch jointer for $795-15%=$675.67. Not bad! I ordered from them before and had great service.
    Scott

Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Loven View Post
    July 26-31
    A recon Delta DJ-20 8 inch jointer for $795-15%=$675.67. Not bad! I ordered from them before and had great service.
    Scott
    You're kidding, right?

I had a jointer come in from Grizzly that had the shipping box all smashed-up. I examined everything from bow to stern before I accepted it. As I understand it, the carrier is responsible for damage that occurs after they pick it up, and once you accept it, it is yours.
    Scott

Scott I don't think you are going to find many people here willing to deal with Redmond no matter what the discount myself included

Customer Appreciation??????????............Redmond????????. ..................
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

my thoughts exactly mark and Scott you need to read the whole thread before you comment on it there are lots of in and outs to it. Redmond totally left him hanging in the wind.

LMAO not me -- local only after the horror stories

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Boushard View Post
    my thoughts exactly mark and Scott you need to read the whole thread before you comment on it there are lots of in and outs to it. Redmond totally left him hanging in the wind.

Jason et al, while I still stand by my above post (my first one that I edited would have been removed ), Scott may have indeed had a good experience with Redmond. He may be very comfortable with their service and he certainly has the right to his opinion about them and to make his purchases from them.

On the other hand Scott, there are a lot of us that are VERY unwilling to take the risk after having lived (vicariously) through Gary's ordeal. Gary's experience with Redmond may be few and far between but who wants to take the risk on big tool money with many other tool sources out there with proven track records?

Edit: I just went back and read Scott's original post and I caught that the sale is on a reconditioned DJ- 20. Another set of shivers just ran through me.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 07-25-2007 at 8:14 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Red face

I thought this thread was in humor as well.

Does anyone think this sale is a direct result of all the negativity floating around a couple woodworking sites recently concerning Redmond?

If you feel good about Redmond and have had good experiences, then I say go for it. However, you won't see me going there.

Hopefully, they won't make you write a positive response about them on this site after the purchase...........

I'm just glad all you guys are all perfect 100% of the time.

There will always be a few people who will shop from anyone no matter what their customer service history is if there is a chance of saving a few bucks. That's their right, of course. If there weren't so many other good companies to buy from it would be more understandable to me. But there are other places that offer good deals and good customer service. Some people are just a lot more forgiving than others if there's a chance to save a buck. To each their own.

But this is sure a very funny thread considering the huge load of bad press, (completely justified in my opinion) that they recently got on this forum. No doubt that Redmond is in full damage control mode and they're reaching out to anyone who will side with them. NOT ME THOUGH!

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Morton View Post
    I'm just glad all you guys are all perfect 100% of the time.
    Lol.......

I am not sure I would buy from them, I would rather pay more to buy from a company that I am absolutely sure would take care of me. Saving a few bucks is nce, but I don't take chances with expensive purchases, and if I have to fork over a few bucks for service I am confident will be good, I will.

I still don't get why everyone is mad at Redmond, and yes I read the whole thread.

The shipping company broke the jointer and somehow Redmond should be on the hook. I don't get it.

I had some machinery show up at work the other day and there was another skid on the truck sitting at 45º after it had fallen off another odd shaped skid. Pity whoever that was going to.

I am not trying to feed the flames, but lets lay the blame where it belongs, his jointer was dumped hard by the shipping company, that is how the casting got broken.

Unless of course, you contend that Redmond knowingly shipped him a broken jointer, which would just be plain stupid on their part and contrary to common sense.

David, Who sees all kinds of shipping damage on a daily basis.