Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday July 27th, 2007

"GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!

Well I hope this finds all of you, having had a fantastic week, ready to begin a couple of days of fun and frolic.

It's been hot and humid here for most of the week, but we finally got some rain last night. 6/10ths of an inch. It will help, but we still need more. No rain now for at least 5-6 days.

Had the opportunity to meet Creeker Dave Sinkus, who came up with his family, from Illinois, to enjoy the Wisconsin Dells waterparks. As Dave is a golfer, I had the pleasure of hosting him at "Trappers Turn Golf Course", for a round of golf before he had to get back to the waterpark and family. Sorry no pics as we only met at the course. Besides you've seen my ugly mug on here enough.

I'm going to try and do a little more in the shop to get it straightened up and in some kind of condition to do some WW'ing. We'll see how that goes.

How's the weekend shaping up for YOU??? Got any big plans??? Some WW'ing??? Some fun??? Let us know. Whatever it may be, I hope it's enjoyable and above all SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

We've got family in town so I'm starting my weekend in a few hours after a conference call. They are leaving tomorrow morning so I'll probably get back to work on the bathroom cabinets. Hopefully I'll be spending time assembling a new drill press too.

I should get some shop time this weekend to continue work on the vanities...along with a few other activities yet to be determined...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Wheeee! my first post here though i have been lurking for awhile.

i have recently gotten back into woodworking after a long hiatus. i bought a lot of major tools about two months ago and i am still getting my shop in order. this weekend will see me continuing work on my workbench that i am constructing almost entirely out of 2x4s (one day i will be able to afford to have a nice one).

if i get any extra time i'll work on a couple of electric guitars that are still in progress and maybe get an early start on some christmas gifts.

I've applied the first three coats of oil on a Stickley hanging wall cabinet repro', in lacewood, that I've been working on. Hopefully the mock strap hinges get here and I can start to mount the door.
    It will be nice to get this project out of the shop.

Doug.
    Welcome to Sawmill Creek. Pleased to meet ya'.