Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dust collection on circular saws with EZ system

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    Dan, Have you tried the Red-Line ? If you want to save money, why would you go with the Red-Line? Why not the E-Z line?

Gary K.
    Because it received best value award from Fine Home Building and is quite inexpensive.

EZ seems expensive to me. When I eval'd Festool vs EZ, I compared the costs and decided that Festool was the best value for me and a more coherent system. With EZ, I would have had to buy the components of a system and integrate them myself. With Festool, they are designed to work together.

One deciding factor was that I didn't have any power tools that I thought were worth keeping. If I had a lot of good tools and wanted to save bucks, I would have gotten something like a Red-Line guide. With good tools and if I didn't want to save money, I would have considered EZ.

Simple as that.

Regards,

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
    Gary,

Not, of course, to be confused with the situations where the EZ police show up.

Yep, if money is a factor, there are cheaper options. While Fine Homebuilding Magazine's guide rail comparison rated Festool as the top guide rail, they rated the Red-Line Cutting Guide from Hartville Tool as best value. If I wanted to save money, the Red-Line Cutting Guide would be my choice.

Regards,

Dan.
    Yes, the Police on both sides can be rather trying. But it gets old real fast when your talking about a router...police show up. When your talking about a vacuum..police show up. When your talking about a jig saw..police show up. When your talking about a sander..police show up. When your talking about tenons..police show up. And now the police are showing up at compound miter saw talks and their not available in the USA. When do you guys get time for woodworking
    Gary K.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell View Post
    When do you guys get time for woodworking
    Gary K.
    Woodworking? What is this "woodworking"? Aren't we supposed to be vociferously defending our tool puchases?

"Woodworking"... Hmmm... I'll have to try that some day.

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Clark View Post
    Woodworking? What is this "woodworking"? Aren't we supposed to be vociferously defending our tool puchases?

"Woodworking"... Hmmm... I'll have to try that some day.

Dan.
    I give up!!!!!!!!

Gary K.