Thread: Free AZ Wood - Possible Burl

Free AZ Wood - Possible Burl

I was driving home today and noticed the road service cut some of the bigger limbs down on the median on Rural between Ray & Chandler Blvds. Among them appears to be a section of burl about 8-10" in diameter, maybe 3 feet long. It was the second trunk of a tree who's top had died. I saw it while I was driving during rush hour and couldn't find a safe way to stop and pick it up.

If the traffic has slowed down, one could probably stop their car in the left turn lane tonight, throw on the hazzards and go get it, since the traffic died down. I wasn't that brave with the 5 o'clock traffic humming about. Be careful & safe if you attempt it. It will probably get picked up & chipped tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Braun View Post
    I was driving home today and noticed the road service cut some of the bigger limbs down on the median on Rural between Ray & Chandler Blvds. Among them appears to be a section of burl about 8-10" in diameter, maybe 3 feet long. It was the second trunk of a tree who's top had died. I saw it while I was driving during rush hour and couldn't find a safe way to stop and pick it up.

If the traffic has slowed down, one could probably stop their car in the left turn lane tonight, throw on the hazzards and go get it, since the traffic died down. I wasn't that brave with the 5 o'clock traffic humming about. Be careful & safe if you attempt it. It will probably get picked up & chipped tomorrow.
    Be sure and post pictures
    Change One Thing

I have a sneaking suspicion that either Mike or Kevin are in the middle of Rural right now, grabbing it.

Nope just saw this.
    If you see it on your way to work tomarrow and don't grab it, let me know I will swing by on my lunch hour to check on it.
    Mike Vickery

Darnit, I'm on my bike today. Hope somebody got it before the road crew. It would just figure that they take weeks to patch a 10 ft. section of road but are fast about cleaning up a nice burl.

Nope gone.

Martin if you see this check your e-mail
    Mike Vickery

Yeah it was gone by 7:50 AM this AM. Next time, I'll post sooner or give you guys a call on your cell. Sorry.