Thread: 90% done with new fish tank stand.

90% done with new fish tank stand.

My previous post with pics:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=61360

I worked about 18 hours this weekend on this thing. Mainly testing different patinas on copper and finishing the doors.

The doors look pretty good. I veneered copper sheets to plywood which will fit in the door.

This isnt a very good picture, but you can get an idea of what the patina will look like:

I also made the handles myself out of ebony. Hopefully they wont crack when I drill and tap a screw into them. They are pretty thin.

My wife painted the back of the tank, the picture doesnt really do it justice. The camera made the colors a lot brighter than they will actually be.

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Looking good. What size is the tank and what type of fish are you plan on putting in there. I know that it is atleast a 40 gallon due to the center brace. Make sure and show a few pics when filled and the new rnters move in.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Killian View Post
    Looking good. What size is the tank and what type of fish are you plan on putting in there. I know that it is atleast a 40 gallon due to the center brace. Make sure and show a few pics when filled and the new rnters move in.
    Its a 125 gallon curved front tank actually. Its going to be fresh water cichlids renting it.

cant wait to see this one when its done nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mayer View Post
    Its a 125 gallon curved front tank actually. Its going to be fresh water cichlids renting it.
    New world or Old world?

I've finally completed the stand for our tank (your tank's baby brother - 46 gallon bow front). The stand/tank have been up and running for a year, but I've taken all this time to finish the doors. Actually there is one step left, my wife is making the glass inserts for the doors.

Based on these pictures I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

(I've already been dreaming of a 100+ gallon Malawi tank.)
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Stuewe View Post
    New world or Old world?

I've finally completed the stand for our tank (your tank's baby brother - 46 gallon bow front). The stand/tank have been up and running for a year, but I've taken all this time to finish the doors. Actually there is one step left, my wife is making the glass inserts for the doors.

Based on these pictures I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

(I've already been dreaming of a 100+ gallon Malawi tank.)
    Unfortunately I know nothing of what type of fish my wife is going to get other than they are cichlids. She is the tank "operator". Im just the stand builder. But I do enjoy sitting back and watching them.