Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I HATE Summer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    The heat index is "only" 96 here. I've got to head out to cut the lawn. 2+ hours in the hot sun on the tractor. Fun.
    You mean your grass is actually growing? Mine is like cutting dust. Hit a high spot and...POOF.
    Michael Gibbons

I think I like opening day of deer season more than any udder day of the year. It's like Christmas wit guns. - Remnar Soady

That bear is going to eat him alive. Go help him! That bear doesn't need any help! - The Three Stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pruitt View Post
    Curses!

It's 99* outside right now. Heat index 105*. Last night I couldn't even finish turning a bowl and tonight ain't looking so great either. I don't know how you boys further south are even breathing. Grrrrr......

I need to move north. Snow I can deal with. Ice I can tolerate. But heat just drives me insane!

So, here's a rerun of a song I "spun" a little over a year ago.

I am SOOOOOO ready for fall.............
    Hey Mark, I have your solution right here. LOML and I want to move down to NC within the next year or two. You can buy my place in New Hampshire! If you want cold, we get plenty (almost) every winter.

Beautiful place Mark! It looks so peaceful and quiet. Can't tolerate the cold, and can't leave Savannah, but if I could I'd love to have your place.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Engel View Post
    Hey Mark, I have your solution right here. LOML and I want to move down to NC within the next year or two. You can buy my place in New Hampshire! If you want cold, we get plenty (almost) every winter.

I'm with you. I live in Massachusetts and I am loving this heat. LOML and I want to move south. From November to April..I can't feel my fingertips. Since I slimmed down a couple years ago, heat don't bother me. Hardly sweat. LOL
    Gary K.

Blog Entries
    Our heat in SoCal is different. Not as nice as Arizona heat, but nice. I come alive around 80*. 100 is OK but 105 is HOT. Now 70* with high humidity . . . that is unbearable. I guess its all what you grew up with. Tank-top, shorts and sandals at Christmas time is OK by me. So what if we have to chew our air.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Joe P,

Sssh. Don't tell 'em about the blue hole before I move there.

- Ed

ps Gary K - where you living?
    Last edited by Ed Falis; 08-08-2007 at 8:01 PM.

Here in the Inland Northwest.....We've already seen 105.......with 18% humidity.........We are having a cold spell right now......89 today.....93 this weekend..........We only have 2 seasons.....winter and road building....

I'm not a fan of heat and or humidity.....Fat boys sweat a lot! DAMHIKT
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Shop is in the basement so when it is 95 outside it is still about 75 in the shop. When we get cooler days with low humidity I open the outside door and let some fresh air in. Of course come winter with an uninsulated basement it gets pretty cool at that point my choices are work in a cool shop or watch tv in a warm living room and let my brain cells slowly dissolve. I choose the cool shop.
    Rick
    I support the Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers project

This has been as nice a summer as I can remember. We hit 100* for the first time today. Usually by now we've had a month of 100* days. I've often thought about becoming a snowbird in the winter and going down to Brownsville, TX or rhe Rio Grande Valley for the winter. but "global warming" has just about taken care of our winters for a few years now. I can usually put up with the cold to about 20* as long as there isn't any snow.

And for you, Brenda and Stan, GO POKES!! WE're really looking forward to playing The University of Georgia on Sept 1.

Eddie

Welcome to Florida

Welcome to Florida

Heat index today: 114
    Humidity: off-scale
    Bugs: Off-scale
    Pop.: Approaching 20M
    Probability of Woodworking this evening: 0.0%

Sincerely,
    Ed Garrett
    Tallahassee

Here in southern California (Orange County) we normally have pretty good weather. The cool Pacific waters buffer our weather so it never gets too hot or too cool. The people who live within a few miles of the beach almost never turn on their air conditioners. I'm a few miles further inland and we do use our AC in the summer.

We also have distinct wet and dry seasons - we get our rain in the winter and almost never get any rain in the summer. Also, no irritating bugs like "no see 'ems", flys, mosquitoes, or other bugs that would chase you inside.

I lived in San Jose for a while and the weather is even nicer there (in my opinion). A bit cooler in both the summer and winter.

Overall, the coast of California is about as close as you can get to Paradise while still alive. Did I say I like living here?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

California Weather

Mike, based on my visits to your state, I share your enthusiasm for your weather, but I sure found myself intimidated by what the weather has done to your population and house prices. Being a geologist, I still ended up saying to myself that I would try to move there in spite of what your state might do to my pension and savings...

Since my wife is out of town, I've been simulating your weather by cranking up that central A/C.

Sincerely,
    Ed Garrett
    Tallahassee

Great summer here so far with the highest temp so far of around 95. But then summer's my time. I'll say the same thing I've told countless people....I get all the snow I care for under "s" in the encyclopedia. I don't remember the last time I turned an air conditioner on.

But that's with a humidity in the day of around 30. I worked for about five weeks last summer in mid-Georgia. AWFUL!!

Southwest Florida is home to me for almost 30 years now. I'm originally from eastern Long Island. I've kind'a gotten used to the heat 96* yesterday and today. The humidity is about 60% . Everyday mid July to mid August we get rain, can almost set the clock by it. The rain can be as much as 3 inches in a half hour (almost each day). When the rain stops (not long enough to cool the temps more than 4 or 5%) the sun comes out and the humidity rises even more, the index can be as high as 120* for an hour or more.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Falis View Post
    Joe P,

Sssh. Don't tell 'em about the blue hole before I move there.

- Ed

ps Gary K - where you living?
    Wareham....Gate way to the Cape.

GK