Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: I HATE Summer!!!

It's beginning to remind me of my days laying asphalt, or working in a garage on an overheating car.

The trick I have found is, gradually getting use to it. And don't keep going in and out of the A/C, that tends to kill the bodies adjustment mechanisms.

Then of course PLENTY OF FLUIDS.

Hey, I like this thread more than another global warming thread...

Mark, I dunno about an A-Frame in the woods, but many times I do wish that companies would spread out their jobs around the province/state/country more so that we could stop all this migrating to the city that has been going on for the past 50 years. It's always a few degrees warmer in the city -- and more than a few, for big monstrosities like Toronto. All that concrete to soak up the heat, all those buildings to block the wind, all those a/c units adding heat to the outdoors, and all those trees that have been cut down.

Beat the heat, plant a shade tree. Even on a hot humid day, the temperature in the forest is less.

(High of 28c forecast for today, 78% Humidity, and thankfully a 60% POP. We could use a nice long steady rain, but I'll take the short downpour if that is all we can get.)

...art
    "It's Not About You."

The local university showed that we hit 106º yesterday with the heat index being around 112º. I have partitioned off 1/3 of my shop so only to cool 2/3 of it, run both A/C units and it still reaches 100º in there.

Maybe we should all build underground.....but then that has it's own set of problems.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

So far I have been fortunate, the high pressure has kept my area at a tolerable temperature and it is supposed to get better over the next few days.
    David B

Currently tolerable at 11:45 with a temp of 89, 65% humidity, heat index of 100. Hate to wish my life away, but November can't get here soon enough.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Angry Out of the oven, into the fire!

Wow.....I was 'd about the heat in Virginia. Now I'm visiting my parents in 'Bama and it was 106* today. I was outside until about 1130 when the sun came over the side of the house where I was; it only took a couple minutes for me to know it was time to go in.

Rats! I would never have preferred this time of year to visit. I'm experiencing all over again what had me longing to move from here.

Andy, if I could take you up on your invitation I surely would!

No relief in sight either. COME ON FALL!

i'm in jackson, mississippi today for a business trip.

weather.com says it's 100* with a "feels like" of 106*. thermometer in the car read 107* when i went out for lunch.

humidity is... well... steamy, to say the least.

bring it on!

after living most of my life north of interstate 70 (and now just slightly south of it), i don't care if i ever see another fall-colored leaf or snow flake.

gimme summer. twelve months of it.

i'd rather sweat than shiver.
    best regards,

jeffrey fusaro

I agree with you I could handle summer for a while.

That's kinda like it was in Munich last week, Montgomery...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery Scott View Post
    I agree with you I could handle summer for a while.
    If that's your idea of "summer" I could handle it as well. I am definitely in the wrong location.....