Thread: Thought & Ideas

Thought & Ideas

I have spent a productive morning gathering support for the Freedom Pen Project. I would like to share a few thoughts that may be productive for garnering support for Freedom Pens. Talk with your local Veterans Organizations. The VFW and American Legion would be excellent places to contact. I am sure if you contact the Commander, or any officer of your local Post, they will be more than willing to listen. Propose a few minutes for a presentation at a General Membership meeting to explain the program, and gather ideas and support. Also, contact your Local State Representatives and Congressmen/Women that represent your district. Many of these are themselves Veterans or served in the Military in some capacity. I am sure they would welcome the program and have many ideas for promoting it as well. Folks, we cannot do this alone............delegate responsibility to others, and empower people to help. This gets more folks involved, and helps breed constructive ideas for the Freedom Pen Program. Just this morning, I have several folks on board and willing to help with the program...............ya just have to ask them. I have also received some significant donations to the program, which is all important as well. In the coming weeks, I will be in contact with many local Newspapers and Electronic Media outlets and I am sure this will lead to many interview opportunities. The sky is the limit.....use your imagination, ask others how they think this can be promoted. You will be surprised the folks that will help, and the excellent ideas they have. Sure, it takes some work, but it is a GOOD kind of work!

Great Ideas Kevin,
    Keep up the Great Work. Thanks, I'm gonna use some of your ideas and see what Turns Up!

Remember to Keep some time for yourself too.

Thaks for your hard work
    Julie

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Some good thoughts there Kevin. I will add just a couple more. Make a lapel badge like the ones that Aaron posted graphics for. They work, while wearing one in a local resturant the other night I got donations from several people. Solicit you friends, relatives, neighbors to spread the word about the program. Print flyers and try to get donation buckets in local businesses. Solicit those businesses for donations.

Once you break the media barrier in your community with something in the paper, on a local radio show, etc the rest of your local media outlets will jump on the story. In my case it was a newspaper article which resulted in a live appearance on TV and television coverage which has been on the early evening and late night news programs all weekend with extensive video of me working on pens in my shop.

Just be persistent and once you break this ice - be ready for the onslaught.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.