Thread: Does anybody know???

Does anybody know???

Does anyone know where I can get a #92 or one made by another manufacture that has the same quality for somewhere between $40-$60?
    A good used one is fine too.

Or is there a plane that will work just as well that I am not aware of?
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    Does anyone know where I can get a #92 or one made by another manufacture that has the same quality for somewhere between $40-$60?
    A good used one is fine too.

Or is there a plane that will work just as well that I am not aware of?
    90? 75? I don't know if they will work as well, but a couple options. 75's are pretty cheap on ebay; often < $20. 90's are considerably higher priced; in the $50-$100 range.

For a NEW plane, the LV shoulder plane seems good; everyone that has one loves it. Lot more than you want to spend though.

Hey Bart, the 75 is not as easy to use as a 92 because it doesn't have very much plane in front of the blade. If you're going to use it to clean up tenons a 92 is the way to go if you're looking to buy stanley. I hear the new veritas is excellent too. Neither is cheap though. Seems like the 92's on e-bay go for more than new ones which are right at $90 most places.
    Dennis