Thread: Wagner Paint Crew Feedback needed????

Wagner Paint Crew Feedback needed????

I was looking at this sprayer since we are moving into a new home that will need a lot of interior painting.

Is this worth it in your opinion? I really can't afford the professional priced sprayers.

Thanks for your input.

Ken

Ken, don't try to spray anything but VERY thin paint with the Wagner. Anything thicker than milk will glob and sputter and clog. DAMHIKT!!!

Nancy (124 days)
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Ken, the Wagner Paint Crew setup is a good unit for homeowner applications. It is a much different animal than the hand held airless Wagner guns. It will spray latex paint right from the can, as that is what this unit is designed for. You can check out all the products manufactured by Wagner, and view the operator manuals online at their website. www.wagnerspraytech.com

If you have a substantial amount of spraying to do, it would be worth the money. It will spray a variety of finishing materials. Check out the specifications and information from Wagner, then you can make an informed purchasing decision.

(As an added note, I don't own one of these units, but I have witnessed the use of this particular product, and if used properly, it produced very good results.)
    Last edited by Leo Pashea; 08-19-2007 at 5:52 PM. Reason: added information

My cousin-in-law (if there is such a thing) tried this on his MIL's condo. Experience was, shoot it all the first day, because it will never shoot again.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

I spray airless, outdoors, with a crew of my sons, to drag drop clothes, do the back rolling, and tear down the masking. Then to clean it all up, they are really useful. But this is just for family...

For interior painting, I'm old school rollers and Purdy brushes, and the best quality paints I can get locally. Airless spray indoors, which I did with a couple of pros on a charity job, was a total PITA. Setup and cleanup was a huge part of the job. Now if you're a tradesperson, paying helpers, rather than journeymen makes sense. If it's you and the spouse doing it all, I'd recommend doing something that you can do in pieces. Especially if you want different trim colors, accent wall colors, faux finishes, etc.

You can use the best of tools. The process is there to optimize for a different end product - a monochrome paint job. YMMV.

Hello,
    I've had one for ~ 3 years.

It does well with light bodied material like outdoor stain. I bought one to spray my cedar fence.

I've used it with full bodied interior latex primer also. It did ok. Not great , but ok.

The key to keeping it running is to keep it spotless after you're done with it.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon