Thread: Grizzly - Problem Resolved

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grizzly - Problem Resolved

I'm posting this here because I know Shiraz Balolia frequents this forum and I'd like for him to see this.

I have a GO513 Grizzly band saw, a GO586 Jointer and a 1023SLX table saw. They all perform well when working but...

Twice I've had to tighten the little allen-head jam bolts that keep the belt pully on the shaft of the GO586 jointer. I know at least one other owner who has had to do the same. No big deal, I thought, could happen to any tool.

Then, a month ago, the blade height mechanism quit working on my table saw. Turns out the gear teeth on the Gear Bearing Shaft had disentegrated. The saw is just over one year old.

I ordered the part only to find out that it is back ordered until September. So, I wait without a table saw and right in the middle of building a large entertainment center.

No worries, I'll use my band saw for other projects until the part arrives. BTW, the "band saw centric" shop concept absolutely does not work for me. It's great for cutting curves but I'll keep my tablesaw for ripping, thank you very much.

Anyway, I did a couple of small projects using the band saw and jointer then, oops, the tires need replacing. The upper one won't stay on any longer. So, I place an on-line order to Grizzly Sunday evening and check the status this morning. You guessed it, back-ordered until August 31 at which time I'll be back offshore at work for two more weeks. grrrr.

The point of this post...Grizzly should stock expendable items like band saw tires and faulty parts. It's bad enough having to wait on a failed part much less wait for something as ordinary as band saw tires.

Also, I was beginning to think seriously about their 15" planer. I'm re-thinking that thinking now.

Ticked off in Tyler
    Last edited by Cody Colston; 08-21-2007 at 3:38 PM.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln