Thread: I can finally contribute something...!!

I can finally contribute something...!!

Well, it's not exactly turning, since I've got a ways to go before any good contributions in that dept but..

I was looking for an inexpensive (but good quality) belt for my Jet Mini Lathe, as well as a drive belt for a very, very small bandsaw that I have. I came across a place called "The Belt Store", http://www.beltsforanything.com.

Checked out their website, said the heck with it, and called them. Figured they knew what I needed better than I did .

Phyllis (didn't get a last name), was great. Knew exactly what I needed and had it, prices were great. Just over $7.00 for the lathe belt, and $4.50 for the bandsaw drive belt. Got them by postal mail, very cheap shipping, and they actually fit just right!!

I'd recommend that everyone get a spare if you don't already have one for your lathe. Simple things will stop your turning faster than anything!!
    Very pleased with their service and prices. No affiliation or relation to them, yada, yada, yada... Larry

Thank You!

That is always good information...
    Thank you for taking the time to pass it along!
    Change One Thing

Thanks Larry. Never heard of them before. Good tip.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

No Problem

Glad to help, anymore it's just so unusual to get outstanding service AND satisfaction that I had to post it!! Larry

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    It's about time Larry. Got an awful lot of slackers just sucking up inf.......
    Thanks this will come in handy
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

LOL I just ordered from these folks myself this past week. Phyllis and I emailed back and forth quite a bit trying to get the right belt for my Delta mini. The belt she sent ended up being too long so a new one is on the way that should work. Great people to work with. They will bend over backwards a couple times to help figure out what you need. Btw, the belt they sent out is of much better quality than the oem that came on the lathe.

Tom Collins

Thanks for the info Larry. I am considering getting a spare for my Rikon and will give them a try if I decide to get one.
    Pat