Thread: Planemaster toy...

Planemaster toy...

Was idly bidding on the bay and bid 16$ for a Plane master #10 rabbet plane. This is a circa 1970 plane that uses razor blades as irons....

At first, I thought it was probably a piece of junk, but then after installing a new blade and carefully adjusting it, I hate to admit that it seems to work great. It seems easier to control cutting rabbets with it than the stanley 78 type tools. In short, I think it is probably a legitimate tool at least for me to use and will probably fill the #10 rabbet plane needs I have at the present time--what ever those might be... just can't drop 100-200+ for a stanely or 350 for the LN--No, i don't really want to try the Indian plane for around 60$--bought a NIB Indian Harbor freight plane for my 4 year old to have on his "workbench." Even though it is heavy and looks like a plane, it will not cutt no matter what I do with it--good old india wasn't worth the 4.99 I paid for it.

Anyway, I want some blades for the plane master and wonder if anyone knows of any aftermarket products--stanely disposables, etc, that might work in this item? Please let me know any such sources you may have heard of, and any insights in general on this peculiar little plane.

Thanks, Jeff

anyone? this is a nifty little plane--cuts really nice rabbets. Have a lead that stanley disposable type blades may work. Otherwise, will have to learh now to sharpen razor blades!

Over and out, Jeff