Thread: Festool #1 in my book

Cool Festool #1 in my book

I've been dealing with a very, VERY frustrating issue with another OEM, which I won't get into here. BUT, it really brings the issue of Customer Service to the forefront. In this case, the very BEST CS I've ever encountered!

Briefly, I purchased a "discounted" tool through Bob from Festool. There was apparently some communications confusion between their main office and their reps. I got the tool I ordered in the discounted configuration that was presented to me, but later found out that there may have been a chance to get one at an even steeper discount. I brought this to Bob's attention, rather than going "above his head". I wasn't asking for anything, but just making him aware of the situation. Turns out, I wouldn't have had to go "above his head" anyway, because HE did so *himself*!

In the end, I received not one, but two very lengthy and personal emails from Christian, the CEO of Festool with both, an apology and explanation! Further, he insisted on offering me a price credit, refund or accessories worth the difference. I told him it wasn't necessary, as I still received the product which I paid for, in the condition presented to me. NOT good enough for these guys! So, I selected some more sanding media for my upcoming kitchen project. Well, today, the Brown dropped off my package of sandpaper and, I think, it may even be more than the original price difference! Plus, they also picked up the tab for shipping.

In my way of thinking, a personal note and apology from the CEO was more than I expected. The media was over the top. And, it was Christian himself who originated the order! This, my friends, is Customer Service at its best! I have thus far accumulated four of their tools and, mark my words, if there is *anything* I'm in need or want of and Festool makes it, that's where I'm going! It may take a bit longer to save up for it. I might fore-go another tool. I may even put it on the "plastic". BUT, rest assured, it's coming from Festool! I sincerely believe they have some of the finest engineered, ergo-friendly, best fit and finish around. I've always been impressed with their "good" customer service. Now I can sincerely add to their other attributes as having GREAT Customer Service! The whole shootin' match at Festool is worth every penney you pay. You're not just getting a tool, you feel like you're getting a part of the company! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Normal disclaimer: Not affiliated with Festool. (Though I certainly would feel privileged to be!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Now John......

Let's not get too far out on the limb there........Festool is GREAT and I even enjoy "sanding" now since I got the ES125 and the ES150 sanders. Best investment I have EVER made in tools. My hands don't hurt any more and I even still have feeling in them after sanding for over 2 hours straight. No dust to breath while sanding and a cleaner shop to boot.!!!

Now.....how do I swing more money to get another Festool tool.? Gotta get the car and septic fixed first and THEN I will consider saving up for another tool. Too bad they don't make a "lathe".!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock

Now.....how do I swing more money to get another Festool tool.? Gotta get the car and septic fixed first and THEN I will consider saving up for another tool. Too bad they don't make a "lathe".!!!
    Too bad they don't make a band saw!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Yes, there still are companies out there that really care, John, and Festool appears to be one of them. Kudos to them.

As to that other vendor...you do have the choice to tell them where to go, get your money back and order from another company that is more customer friendly. You might have to wait again for delivery, but at least you'd have some piece of mind that "you" are important. That's too much money to be #%^ing around with, IMHO. No way I'd put up with that!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi John

I have to second everything you have written about the folks at Festool, and dealing with Bob is a pleasure. If and when anything I have needs replacing, I will be going to Bob and Festool first as well.

Bill

Thanks guys for all ths kind words. I'm glad you like the tools as well as the service.

Bob
    bob m