Thread: Attaching Images that are to large

Question Attaching Images that are to large

I know how to attach images- that's not the problem -and I know you can degrade the picture to a lower quality- tried that and the picture is awful, how are you able to get a quality picture on SMC without loosing all of the quality. Someone told me they use ULEAD but I don't have that - any suggestions?
    thank you
    Brian

I have ben using Irfanview for years, easy and free!
    Scott
    Last edited by Scott Loven; 08-31-2007 at 4:44 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Loven View Post
    I have ben using infanview for years, easy and free!
    Scott
    Me too, but not as long as Scott. It is really simple to use. My wife uses Ulead as it was a free program witht he scanner we bought. I find it very tedious and time consuming to use. Too many steps. Try it, you'll like it! Jim.

ps: really strange, in Scott's post it comes out as Irfanview, but when I quote his message, it pops up as Infanview in my preview window. Let's see how it shows up.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Me too, but not as long as Scott. It is really simple to use. My wife uses Ulead as it was a free program witht he scanner we bought. I find it very tedious and time consuming to use. Too many steps. Try it, you'll like it! Jim.

ps: really strange, in Scott's post it comes out as Irfanview, but when I quote his message, it pops up as Infanview in my preview window. Let's see how it shows up.
    Put yer glasses on Jim.

I use EasyThumbs.
    Free download at CNET.com

Thumbs up thanks Guys!

I really appreciate it- I will give it a shot- just so limited with the size on SMC- I understand why,
    Happy turnings
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Put yer glasses on Jim.

I use EasyThumbs.
    Free download at CNET.com
    They are on!!! Must be the scratches from getting hit in the face with the garage door spring....
    Ah, Scott corrected his spelling. Can't count the times I've corrected mine! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    They are on!!! Must be the scratches from getting hit in the face with the garage door spring....
    Ah, Scott corrected his spelling. Can't count the times I've corrected mine! Jim.

Lol.

Most photo manipulation applications will allow you to resize (in pixels) to about 640-700 pixels wide as well as compress (reduce file size) without totally whacking the image quality. In fact, the better ones will allow you to sharpen things up once you shrink in pixels. I happen to use Adobe Photoshop Elements for this, but there have been a few good suggestions posted in this thread already.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thumbs up Figured it out jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Most photo manipulation applications will allow you to resize (in pixels) to about 640-700 pixels wide as well as compress (reduce file size) without totally whacking the image quality. In fact, the better ones will allow you to sharpen things up once you shrink in pixels. I happen to use Adobe Photoshop Elements for this, but there have been a few good suggestions posted in this thread already.

I figured out how to do this jim- Now the sky is the limit- thanks- I hope your enjoying the land from above
    Happy turning
    Brian