Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Router Bit Storage

1. I don't remember where I saved this from, but I really like the modular approach and will probably incorporate it into my next router table.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony Haukap; 09-03-2007 at 3:16 AM. Reason: image attachments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[quote=Jeffrey Schronce;651911]
    Was that in the Magazine or did you find the plans online? Can you advise source?
    Hello Jeffrey; WOOD Dec. '03 Iss. # 153 pge 69. It was a special insert with Freud bits on one side and the plans on the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON Canada

It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

[quote=Mack Cameron;652058]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Schronce View Post
    Hello Jeffrey; WOOD Dec. '03 Iss. # 153 pge 69. It was a special insert with Freud bits on one side and the plans on the other.
    Thanks. maybe I can check with Freud and see if they have a copy of it.

Jeffrey; I see WOOD #153 is available on the WOOD site.
    http://store.woodstore.net/is15de20.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many thanks for sharing about bit storage. While I purchased a metal stand/rockler top combination, and was going to "clad" the metal stand in plywood, I decided the dimensions were too restrictive, so I am just going to turn the "cladding" into a cabinet/table. The ideas here will be quite helpful.

To Al Navas (or anyone with a similar drawer setup)--I am coming up with something similar (lots of router tables look like this, yes?) and I wanted to ask about the narrow drawers used for the bit storage. It seems I could put a rabbit on the bottom of the drawer and a shallow dado across the cabinet side. No need for a separate drawer slide??? or so it seems. Not sure what I would have to do to make sure the drawer opened smoothly. Soap perhaps?

Any comments on small drawers using rabbits sliding in grooves?

Thanks again,

Ken

PS: I clicked on the subscribe and get email notifications of replies to this thread (as well as others) and I never receive any email notifications. Is there something else to do?

Glenn,
    Where did you get the paddle switches for your TS and Router table? Do you have a part number and cost?

Thanks
    J

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I keep mine in the plastic Plano boxes you see on each side of the router table door here. The compartments are adjustable for when things change. The plastic won't hurt the carbide and I can keep compartments for bearings, sleeves, bearing wrenches, etc. I also like that I don't have to grab them by the 'sharp parts'. When I run out of room, I add another one for about $3 at Lowe's.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

[quote=Ken Stevens;653235]Many thanks for sharing about bit storage. While I purchased a metal stand/rockler top combination, and was going to "clad" the metal stand in plywood, I decided the dimensions were too restrictive, so I am just going to turn the "cladding" into a cabinet/table. The ideas here will be quite helpful.

To Al Navas (or anyone with a similar drawer setup)--I am coming up with something similar (lots of router tables look like this, yes?) and I wanted to ask about the narrow drawers used for the bit storage. It seems I could put a rabbit on the bottom of the drawer and a shallow dado across the cabinet side. No need for a separate drawer slide??? or so it seems. Not sure what I would have to do to make sure the drawer opened smoothly. Soap perhaps?

Thanks again,

Ken

PS: I clicked on the subscribe and get email notifications of replies to this thread (as well as others) and I never receive any email notifications. Is there something else to do?
    Hi Ken; this question was asked this morning on another forum I visit. An answer given was, it might have something to do with a popup blocker. I'm no computer expert, so I can't vouch for the validity of the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    Glenn,
    Where did you get the paddle switches for your TS and Router table? Do you have a part number and cost?

Thanks
    J
    John, I am not Glenn but I have the same type switch on my saw and will have one on my new router table soon.
    I have it mounted on the saw so I can just hit it with my knee to kill the saw.

I got mine from Rockler for $29.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...&filter=switch

Thanks Bill
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Stevens View Post
    Or just extend the bottoms past the sides and into dados.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Gregory View Post
    Glenn,

Thanks
    J
    These are double pole single throw and can be used for 110 or 220. Includes a circuit breaker on the switch. The same switch is used by Orion and Steel City. Orion part number is OR91579. You could try Colleen at Orion / Steel City for availability:

Colleen Englert
    Orion International
    139 Delta Drive
    Pittsburgh PA 15238
    ph 412-967-0300 x109
    fax 412-967-0400
    colleen@oriontools.net
    colleen@steelcitytoolworks.net

My dad has the Rockler type which is well made. I don't know the pole and throw configuration.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 09-05-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler