Thread: Drain vent install

Drain vent install

Current configuration:

I have a washing machine drain that runs along the wall of the laundry room. Attached near the drain for the washer is the drain vent, which goes up to the ceiling and out through a plumbing vent in the roof. This drain line feeds directly into the plumbing stack, about twenty five feet away and is the only drain on this line. This is all done to code, so any plumbers or those knowledgeable can assume this drain is currently configured correctly and is fully operational.

Reconfigured drain line:

I want to install a second drain on this drain line for a utility sink. The sink would be located about four feet downstream of the washing machine drain and vent.

Question:

Do I need to install a separate drain vent for the utility sink or can I just hook up the sink drain to this drain line sans a second vent?

You will not need a second vent. The one vent will do it for your drain line. If more than one was needed, then every bathroom would need an individual one for shower, toilet, and sink. Now you got me wishful thinking about a deepsink in the garage.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

Well, that's kind of what I thought. I've been procrastinating on hanging the sheetrock because I didn't want to open the wall to run a vent pipe. Thanks, I guess I have to get back to the sheetrock now.