Thread: Delta 20-950 20" Drill Press

Delta 20-950 20" Drill Press

Anyone have experience with one of these? I'm considering picking one up...

Thanks

I think the variable speed mechanism had some problems, and I don't know what the availability of parts is. Personally, I'd pass. As I understand it, that machine was discontinued for good reason.

I looked at that machine a few years back and when I tried to purchase one it was discontinued. Tells me there were problems. Glad I bought the 18-900L. Wouldn't trade it for any other on the market today. Used it this past week-end. A thrill everytime I hit the switch. Really like the LED snake light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory King View Post
    I looked at that machine a few years back and when I tried to purchase one it was discontinued. Tells me there were problems. Glad I bought the 18-900L. Wouldn't trade it for any other on the market today. Used it this past week-end. A thrill everytime I hit the switch. Really like the LED snake light.
    I assume you mean in the general price point, there are some serious DPs out there!

To the OP that is one I would look at VERY carefully. There were not many made, and discontinued POSSIBLY due to the number of issues with speed control. Great approach to a DP but apparently poorly executed. Reeves drives are great when they are designed and manufactured correctly (ie PM 1150 and 1200) and potentially horrible if poorly designed or manufactured.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.