Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Create-a-Bed Murphy Bed

1. Thanks, Charlie. My wife looked at me funny when I mentioned it, and said "How did you even think they would do that?" She had only 4 sisters at home. I had three brothers, and I was the youngest .... and I was folded up in the hide-a-bed at regular intervals. (As an adult, I told my mother that if she didn't laugh every time she had to "unfold" me, they would have stopped doing it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hagan View Post
    Thanks, Charlie. My wife looked at me funny when I mentioned it, and said "How did you even think they would do that?" She had only 4 sisters at home. I had three brothers, and I was the youngest .... and I was folded up in the hide-a-bed at regular intervals. (As an adult, I told my mother that if she didn't laugh every time she had to "unfold" me, they would have stopped doing it!)
    With typical kid age-spacing, three older brothers would have made them enough older to figure out how to defeat any lock-down anyway. If your mother was laughing, obviously the scars weren't too bad!

3. Does anyone have a cut list that they can share? I have a potential client for the bed, but don't want to purchase the hardware before giving him a bid.

Here is a link for the vertical version. It's definitely not a difficult build, although it is awkward to move if you assemble it off site.

5. Thanks David! I have now modeled the bed in SketchUp and uploaded it to the 3d warehouse.