Thread: Vertical Sheet Goods Storage

Vertical Sheet Goods Storage

Anyone have a sheet goods storage rack that allows storing 4x8 sheets vertically on the 4' end? With my 12' ceilings I'm thinking that could be a nice way to go for longer term storage. I built a roll-around cart, but it is very hard to get to the back sheet (which is always the one I need,) its full because of a bunch of material I got at an auction, and its hard to move. I'm thinking I might just use it for current project materials and build the upright storage for everything else. If you have pictures, I'd love to see them.

What I did

FWIW, the photo (if it shows up) shows my 'solution'. Basically made a 4.5' deep closet with no door, full room height. Raised the floor in the space about 2.25" (2x4+3/4 OSB). Put 2 rollers on the shop floor in front so they project a little above the storage floor. That way I can set a corner on the roller and roll it in or out without damage. I still need to put some eyebolts in the back and on the front corner so I can use bungees to hold the material vertical.
    Attached Images Attached Images