Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaker style CD case.

Shaker style CD case.

Here's a piece I built a little bit ago after seeing something very similar online (http://www.timothyclark.com/c_cdcab.html). We have a lot of cd's floating around and this keeps most of them in their place. Seeing as how the Shakers were lover's of music, I'm sure they would have had something like this for their cd's as well

The sides of the case were joined with dovetails using the d4. The joints of the table are peged with Walnut. The doors are as well, but these don't go all the way through. They are meant as more of an accent than anything else.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dude, I like that........

That is nice.....

I like this. Looks like another project on SMC I can't let LOML see.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Jason, Beautiful job. -Steve

Cool

Very nice, Jason! Really enjoy all the detail and those dovetails really add an interesting and strong detail! Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Let me echo Rob...DUDE, that's awesome! Nice project and good photos, too. Being partial to this style, you're welcome to drop it off here should you ever grow tired of it in your own house!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jason,

That's very cherry! Love the lines and elegant simplicity! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thumbs up

WOW Jason, nice piece! I really like the bookmatched back, in fact, I like everything about it.

Great job!

Bob

Jason,

Very fine work, as usual...

I like it!

Truly a Shaker style piece, with a modern use.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Jason,

That's a really nice piece of furniture. I love the clean, simple lines and the cherry color to boot!

I have to ask, did you use some sort up photo editor to touch up the background in the picture? The reason I ask is that the lighting and resulting shadows seem skewed. Also the back wall and the flooring.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes... the CD case looks fantastic.

/Kevin

Jason,

Simply beautiful. You have done a fantistic job here. You should be very proud.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautiful work! Nice design...and nice choice of wood!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Beautiful work Jason. Please keep this out of the ladies room. When did you find time with that new addition to your family??
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Murdock
    I have to ask, did you use some sort up photo editor to touch up the background in the picture? The reason I ask is that the lighting and resulting shadows seem skewed. Also the back wall and the flooring.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes...

/Kevin
    Kevin, my toes are just fine The shadows are skewed because I had a couple lamps pointed at the case when I took the picture. Alas, the weird shadows. I really like photography but the whole lighting thing is a real bear. I blurred the background a bit in Photoshop Elements and did a little sharpening. Beside that, that's my house. Here's what the case looks like in the "non-doctored" and "unposed" chaos of our TV room.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tyler, You've touched on that great mystery once again. Who can explain furniture in bathrooms - except for the obvious pieces of course? Fortunately, I don't think our church ladies will have much use for a cd case in the bathroom, at least I hope not.