I am replacing my Bosch router table with a new table and I have built the base for the table. The cabinet will have drawers and doors on it when I am finished and I hope it will look nice.
See Jessem gloat.. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=64822

The old Bosch had a DC port in the back lower area of the cabinet, this work very well because all the chips and dust go under the table when the fence port could not get them.
The problem is that all the dust just fills the router, I think this is why I had to get a new switch form Bosch because of all the dust that was in it.
I looked at a lot of different cabinets and most if not all I looked at had a DC port in the box under the router, this would have given me the same problem.
So I came up with this mod to the cabinet, its not a really high tech thing but I think it will work very well and I will not have the problem of all the dust in the router.
I made an enclosed port that the router lift and motor go though and there is enough clearance around it to let me raise and lower the router. The clean air will come in around the router and the chips and dust will be pulled down from the top, both with exit the DC hose in the back. This should as keep the lift from getting all the dust in the lift screw.
I just used all the scrap I had left from making the cabinet and I also have some dry ease board left form my easel project that I think I will cover the inside of the port with to help with the movement of the dust.

You can see the port is not going down into the main cabinet but about 3 1/2 inches, and pleas don't ask why it is not centered.

P9091773.jpg

With the table on you can see where the dust port is setting.
P9091775.jpg

With out the table on you can see how the clean air will be pulled up around the lift and the motor.
P9091771.jpg

Just looking from under the table.
P9091769.jpg