Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Wondering If Anyone is Interested

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stevener View Post
    OK Chris, I will submit a photo. You can thumb nail it and place it in another thread if one is started, but hear it is.
    Chris, 'Beauty' is well named, but I think Bill has the prettiest lathe I've ever seen!
    Mike

Thumbs up wow! And I mean WOW!

OK Chris, I will submit a photo. You can thumb nail it and place it in another thread if one is started, but hear it is.

Bill- do elaborate about that lathe of yours- please! How it was made who made it - the wood it's made from, the pedal drive system- everything and anything about her! she is gorgeous! stunning- what a showpiece!
    great lathe! I hope you post your response.
    Happy turning
    Brian

Brian, I think this will still work?

http://img235.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=web001f7ep.jpg

Thumbs up Bill

Bill,
    thank you, thank you, thank you! I think that is the most beautifull lathe I have ever seen- what a lathe-WOW!
    Happy Turnings
    Brian

Thank you Brian and Mike, but the man power thing is beginning to get to me, I'm a bit more content with just flipping a switch.

Thumbs up Manpower or not

Thank you Brian and Mike, but the man power thing is beginning to get to me, I'm a bit more content with just flipping a switch.
    Bill,
    you can't; but just sit back and simply drool over that lathe- but not "literally" ~ over the lathe-please!
    Brian

Bill, how much would it cost you to send that to me? Whatever it costs you, I don't care, I just have to have that lathe!!!

Simply a beautiful piece of work. You did yourself proud with that thing!!

How is it to turn on??
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Bill,
    As I said a year or so ago...that is one Gorgeous piece of work!!!
    Still can't believe that stupid horse won first place!!

I now have a total of three pictures to start the process. Is there a moderator to send them to for posting on a separate link or what?
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Question We need a form to do this!

So Chris what are we doing about the P&M pictures. Can't you ( or someone) just start a post on this - or is that against SMC rules? I wouldn't think so - ? the title could be "Members & Machines" - Just state who you are , how long you have been a member of SMC ,how you found out about the site and what you enjoy the most about SMC, that could help out with the donations as well! people may start to really enjoy this place more and realize the benefits of being a member? just an idea. Then describe the tool/machine that you most admire from all the rest and why, and then a little about the machine, where it came from , any specifications - history, I would not break it down by tool etc TS /Planner /Lathe-etc, I am afraid that may not yield as good of results as far as input goes - then maybe explain what the machine is capable of sawing/ripping/turning/sanding/planning-etc, any little accessories that go with the machine- maybe something you had custom made for it/ or even crafted by yourself. It would really be great to be able to post a form write on SMC with the thread - like they do with the polls, or post a printable form for everyone so there is some organization to the posting when they input the information. I am just throwing some ideas out there Chris, But I think that would be great way of getting some involvement from people and get to know members and maybe some machine or toll that you never saw or heard of before.
    what do you think?
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Weick; 09-11-2007 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typo- surprized- I didn't think so :)

Wow, Bill, now that is one cool set up. Rather resembles a pipe organ (I like to play key boards as well as turn). Thanks Ken. And for Tyler, hey, we don't mind scruffy, no prob! Glen came home today and said hmm, you've been in the shop (Cherry shavings from head to toe). Yep, how can you tell? HA! Have a good one to all. Jude

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Weick View Post
    So Chris what are we doing about the P&M pictures. Can't you ( or someone) just start a post on this - or is that against SMC rules? I wouldn't think so - ? the title could be "Members & Machines" - Just state who you are , how long you have been a member of SMC ,how you found out about the site and what you enjoy the most about SMC, that could help out with the donations as well! people may start to really enjoy this place more and realize the benefits of being a member? just an idea. Then describe the tool/machine that you most admire from all the rest and why, and then a little about the machine, where it came from , any specifications - history, I would not break it down by tool etc TS /Planner /Lathe-etc, I am afraid that may not yield as good of results as far as input goes - then maybe explain what the machine is capable of sawing/ripping/turning/sanding/planning-etc, any little accessories that go with the machine- maybe something you had custom made for it/ or even crafted by yourself. It would really be great to be able to post a form write on SMC with the thread - like they do with the polls, or post a printable form for everyone so there is some organization to the posting when they input the information. I am just throwing some ideas out there Chris, But I think that would be great way of getting some involvement from people and get to know members and maybe some machine or toll that you never saw or heard of before.
    what do you think?
    Brian
    Thanks Brian, you reminded me that it is better to act and beg forgivness if necessary than to not act at all. So, here goes.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning