Friday September 14th, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!!!

What is Wo-Zha-Wa and is it anything to worry about?

Wo-Zha-Wa is a celebration started 40 some years ago by the owners of the various establisments here to thank their summer workers, who for the most part back then, were college kids. Now the summer workers are from foreign countries.

It has, over the years, turned into if not the biggest, almost the biggest weekend of the season, populated by tourists, not the workers that it was originally intended. It's the last hurrah and the return to an existence one would expect from a population of less than 3000 residents.

Granddaugter, Tama, is marching in the parade [over 100 units] Sunday, so we will be at the parade.

I hope to get in the shop at some point and get a little more accomplished on the dust collection for the RAS and CMS. We'll see.

Fall is in the air here. Temps are starting to get into the low 40's overnight and we might even get our first frost overnight tonight. Maple trees are starting to change, so I guess it's official....summers over.

What are you up to this weekend? Whatever it may be I hope it's enjoyable. Oh, and make it a safe one!!

Karl