Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lock miter brand... best value?

Smile

Mark
    You might want to take a look at this site: www.routerbitworld.com. I compared prices on several
    of the items that you listed and RBW beats them all by
    a small amount. I have made a couple of purchased from
    them and they now have all of my business. Very good
    service.
    Larry

Mark, I have quite a few Jesada bits including the large lock mitre bit, but there have been so many reports of non delivery of orders, and no way to contact them for several months now, that I won't order ANYTHING from them anymore. The new owners have run the Co. down nearly to bankruptcy from all reports.

The original owner/founder of Jesada has a son that is running a Co. called Infinity Tools that has been getting good reports for a while now, and their offerings seem to be almost identical to the Jesada bits and with similar pricing. You might want to check them out. http://www.infinitytools.com/
    Last edited by Norman Hitt; 11-10-2004 at 2:32 AM.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Real Name Required

Mark,

In order to be a boni fide member of Sawmill Creek the Terms of Service require a real first and last name. Please PM Jackie Outten with that information and she will update your registration information.

Mea Culpa

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Mark,

In order to be a boni fide member of Sawmill Creek the Terms of Service require a real first and last name. Please PM Jackie Outten with that information and she will update your registration information.

Sorry, Ken... You'll see from my posts that I have NOT been a regular and the username is one I carried over from the POND. 3 kids under 7 keep me out of the shop, but with colder weather here, I am motivated to get back out there and complete a set of bunkbeds for the older two and a train table for the little guy.

Thanks,
    Mark Lansink
    "Never have a philosophy which supports a lack of courage."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark from NW Minn
    Any update on who may be making a quality lock mitre bit that will do sub 1/2" stock to just over 3/4" stock? (i.e. capable of 1/2" plywood up through 3/4" plywood and 3/4" (true) stock)
    I have a lock miter from Woodline - 1420-2 for 3/8 to 1/2 inch material ($25), that I use for small boxes made from resawn 4/4 material. I would not bet on it working with plywood, since the "teeth" in the joint are so small, the plywood layers may break things up too much.

Since the details must be so small for under half inch material, I doubt if you would want to use that bit for 3/4 inch material even if someone made a cutter that could handle both.

Lock Miters are a great idea but are VERY touchy to get aligned and use - no fun at all to work with. I suggest that you try one, preferably on solid wood, before investing in a set.

I have several bits from Woodline. They are quite good (outstanding for the price), but like most cheap bits, don't stay sharp as long as the really top bits. They are my first choice for a specialized bit that I don't expect to use a lot.