Thread: NE Bowls and Some Stoppers

Smile NE Bowls and Some Stoppers

I found the time to get out and have some fun practicing. Decided to try some NE bowls for the first time. The are both about 5 inches in diameter and 2 3/4 inches tall. They are Aspen that was standing dead, and were taken from the same section of log.

The stoppers are intended to be used with the same type of base shown, I just need to get some more.

Any critques are welcome ( I have been sleeping better so I shouldn't read anything the wrong way )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tim,
    Some pretty good practice! My favorite is the little liquour glass on the stopper. Must try one of those. You might want to try the SSNiles stoppers. No connection; just a satisfied customer.

Thanks Richard. I liked that one too. It just sort of started taking shape that way. What sort of connection to the turned to do the SSNiles stoppers have? Is it the same 6 mm screw type attachment?

Tim,
    They come in 3/8-16 thread or (I think) 3/8" dia. unthreaded. Go to www.torne-lignum.com.

Tim those are some great looking pieces. The stoppers are great pieces. Well done. Keep'em coming.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.